Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   OT: Madden 08 or 2K8? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57734)

Phenom 10-04-2007 02:41 AM

OT: Madden 08 or 2K8?

I'm trying to decide on one of the two, because I'm not an avid video gamer, but when I do settle into a game I can literally play it from sun up to sundown. So I'm trying to decide on either of the two for the 360, basically based on the franchise modes because a game is all about the seasons for me. Which should be my first choice?

JPR 10-04-2007 02:52 AM

Re: OT: Madden 08 or 2K8?

it's all about personal opinoin.

what do you take more pleasure in? Gameplay, graphics, the crowd, realistic play? Tell us what you like and then we'll tell you what game to get.

mnsully15 10-04-2007 02:53 AM

NBA 2K8, madden isnt that great. Graphics are sub par while 2k8 is real good. Features for 2k8 are also alot better. If you wanna play a game for a long time though and have live, get halo 3.

Phenom 10-04-2007 02:59 AM

Not much into games like Halo. Though GTA will be a must have. and I'm interested in God of War.

For some reason I'm more of a football purist because of the strategy involved. And each run and pass is slightly different from the last.

While basketball is pretty much come up court, spot up shoot. Or back down dunk. Not necessarily that simple, but still. I'm betting Visual Concepts would have put out a beaut of game in 2k, but I hear that this is the best Madden in years. What I really want is the best franchise simulation available. And are the playoffs and the regular season presentation any different. Gameplay, presentation, deepest franchise are what really intrigue me. All input welcome.

JPR 10-04-2007 03:00 AM

based on what you have said, you've gotta go Madden 08 dude. what are you waiting for?

RomoSexual 10-04-2007 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnsully15
NBA 2K8, madden isnt that great. Graphics are sub par while 2k8 is real good. Features for 2k8 are also alot better. If you wanna play a game for a long time though and have live, get halo 3.

HALO 3 SUCKS

Call of Duty 4 blows it away

Aussie Dunker 10-04-2007 04:02 AM

Madden 08 easily, franchise mode is sweeeet, i moved my bengals to mexico, created a new stadium, took a season to build it tho, then charged half price hot dogs every second game, i was popular with the mexicans...

Phenom 10-04-2007 03:02 PM

but I heard that the presentation from the regular season and the playoffs was no different. That and the Super Bowl was billed up as just another ordinary game. With all of 2k's halftime shows, the end game awards, I dunno. Do they have things like player chemistry in either game? Or a race for the mvp? Easily things I could check out online but I'd like gamer feedback.