Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The perfect Kobe trade (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59617)

VCMVP1551 10-22-2007 09:00 AM

The perfect Kobe trade

I know people including myself have made many of these but here is one that makes a lot of sense.

Lakers Trade: Kobe Bryant, Javaris Crittenon, Jordan Farmar

Bulls Trade: Ben Gordon, Kirk Hinrich, Thabo Sefolosha, Joakim Noah, Adrian Griffin, Viktor Khryapa

Why The Lakers do it: They get a solid replacement for Kobe in Gordon who is an all star and a great scorer. He can take over late in games and could explode for 40 on any given night. They also get Kirk Hinrich who is a very good young point guard and he can be a solid player to help build the team around. They also get some scrubs to make the salaries work and they get Sefolosha and Noah who can give them defense and energy off the bench. With Bynum showing promise and Lamat usually playing at a borderline all star level the Lakers would be able to easily win as many games as last year and the team would be much younger and have much more room for improvement. Plus they finally end all of the Kobe drama that Buss started again. The Lakers could have a team that plays with the energy of the 2003-2004 Heat. Lamar Odom and Bynum will improve a lot with more touches. if you think about it Odom, Gordon and Hinrich is a very good trio and if Bynum continues developng this team could be dangerous. It is time to rebuild for the Lakers and this is how to do it. Giving up the 2 young PG won't hurt because they would be getting a very good young PG who can continue to improve. The Lakers also would have a young team without one star so all of the talented players would get a similar amount of touches.

Why the Bulls do it: Easy..they get kobe without giving up Deng. I know a lot of Bulls fans won't like giving up Hinrich but Duhon is good enough to start if you have Kobe who can also play PG and Javaris and Farmar have potential. Either one of them could develop into a starting point guard. The current team they are building will win 48-52 games every year but they don't seem to have enough to win a title. With Kobe they become championship contenders and keep the player they plan on building around Deng. Bryant is also young enough to play at a high level for years. He has a great work ethic and could be an all star until he is 35-36 years old. The Bulls could also sign C-Webb who will give them a future HOF player without a ring who will probably be hungry and a good role player. C-Webb also gives them a much needed low post player. You could also play C-Webb at the 4 with Big Ben on the floor and at the 5 with Tyrus or Joe Smith on the floor.

Lakers
PG- Hinrich, Fisher
SG- Gordon, Evans, Sefolosha
SF- Walton, Vlad
PF- Odom, Turiaf, Noah
C- Bynum, Brown

Bulls
PG- Duhon, Javaris, Farmar
SG- Kobe, Curry
SF- Deng, Nocioni
PF- Thomas, Smith
C- Wallace, Webber, Gray

Seņor Cedric 10-22-2007 09:17 AM

Re: The perfect Kobe trade

How do you define perfect? Hinrich is untouchable too.

People need to realise that when superstars get traded their teams don't get anywhere near equal value back in return.

Kobe will not yield two quality young guys like Hinrich and Gordon. (you also added Sefolsha and Noah!) JamesOn Curry as Kobe's primary backup? Get a clue.

Chuck Thou NBA 10-22-2007 09:32 AM

Not going to happen and I highly doubt Kobe Bryant will get traded. It's not going to be fair for the Lakers unless they get a really good player. But this is what I think they should do, rebuild. Trade Kobe to where he wants to go and start all over but Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich might nit be better than they already are. But hey they are pretty good.

RidonKs 10-22-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

It's not going to be fair for the Lakers unless they get a really good player. But this is what I think they should do, rebuild. Trade Kobe to where he wants to go and start all over but Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich might nit be better than they already are. But hey they are pretty good.
Huh?

If LA really wants to trade Kobe, they need to do one of two things. Or both.

- Get a good, proven, young player who can be envisioned as the team later a few years down the road.
- Get draft picks that aren't from the team Kobe is traded to, because if they are, they aren't going to be lottery picks, which is what LA should be gunning for.

If it's the second one, there obviously has to be some young talent surrounding, or else it's still not worth it.

VCMVP1551 10-22-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Not going to happen and I highly doubt Kobe Bryant will get traded. It's not going to be fair for the Lakers unless they get a really good player. But this is what I think they should do, rebuild. Trade Kobe to where he wants to go and start all over but Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich might nit be better than they already are. But hey they are pretty good.

I don't see Kobe getting traded until 2008 or 2009 either but he should be traded now. Buss started up all of this crap. Many Laker fans even want to start over now. If Hinrich is untouchabl I'll try to come up with a different deal. You need a 3rd team if Hinrich is untouchable. The Bulls also have to be willing to give up Tyrus Thomas is they won't give up Deng and Hinrich.

Lakers Trade: Kobe Bryant, Jordan Farmar

Bulls Trade: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Chris Duhon, Thabo Sefolosha, Joakim Noah, Adrian Griffin

Why the Lakers do it: They finallly move on and really start building for the future. They have 2 players who have the talent to make the all star team now(Gordon and Odom) plus 3-4 players with all star potential. They get both backcourt and frontcourt help in this deal. Gordon gives them a gy who can take over in the 4th quarter and hit clutch shots while Duhon gives them a solid PG to come off the bench, Thomas, Thabo and Noah give them young players with potential who can all play defense. Yes the Lakers would be rebuilding but they could still win 40-42 games. They would also have enough depth to trade Kwame's expiring contract.

Why the Bulls do it: Obviously they would jump at this. They get Kobe without giving up Hinrich and Deng. Sure they lose a little bit of depth but if you have a core of Kobe, Deng and Hinrich they could be championship contenders for years. They could sign C-Webb as a ring hungry veteran who is still a good low post scorer and passer.

Lakers

PG- Fisher, Duhon
SG- Gordon, Thabo
SF- Walton, Thomas, Vlad
PF- Odom, Turiaf, Noah
C- Bynum, Brown

Bulls

PG- Hinrich, Farmar
SG- Kobe, Curry
SF- Deng, Nocioni
PF- Webber, Smith
C- Wallace, Gray

Seņor Cedric 10-22-2007 09:49 AM

Phoenix makes the most sense i nthat case donks.
The Lakers can have Marion, Barbosa and the Hawks Pick. I'm sure the Suns would want Cook or someone like him added for depth.

Chuck Thou NBA 10-22-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

If LA really wants to trade Kobe, they need to do one of two things. Or both.

- Get a good, proven, young player who can be envisioned as the team later a few years down the road.
- Get draft picks that aren't from the team Kobe is traded to, because if they are, they aren't going to be lottery picks, which is what LA should be gunning for.

Yes doesn't that fall into the category of rebuilding?

VCMVP1551 10-22-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
The Lakers can have Marion, Barbosa and the Hawks Pick. I'm sure the Suns would want Cook or someone like him added for depth.

I don't think the Lakers want to trade him to the West. They demanded more from the Mavs when Shaq was traded then they did from the Heat. Unless Buss doesn't mind trading him to the West the Bulls are the only team I could see Kobe being traded too. If Buss doesn't mind Kobe staying in the West then Phoenix is very possible.

dejordan 10-22-2007 09:52 AM

Quote:

agreed. that trade works as long as la sends a big as well (kwame would be nice since he comes off the books at the end of the year. or cook or turiaf would work fine).

VCMVP1551 10-22-2007 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dejordan
agreed. that trade works as long as la sends a big as well (kwame would be nice since he comes off the books at the end of the year. or cook or turiaf would work fine).

How do you like Marion, Barbosa, draft pick and Bell for Kobe and Kwame? Dallas really doesn't have enough to trade unless they are willing to part with Dirk or gut their team with would make no sense because Kobe would be in the same situation. Even if Buss is willing to send Kobe to the West it is between Chicago and Phoenix.

Seņor Cedric 10-22-2007 10:08 AM

Why add Bell?
Stupidity. Stop trying to strip other teams for Kobe.

dejordan 10-22-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
How do you like Marion, Barbosa, draft pick and Bell for Kobe and Kwame? Dallas really doesn't have enough to trade unless they are willing to part with Dirk or gut their team with would make no sense because Kobe would be in the same situation. Even if Buss is willing to send Kobe to the West it is between Chicago and Phoenix.

i don't think they give bell too. maybe jones. i haven't looked at salary though so i don't exactly know what works.

VCMVP1551 10-22-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Why add Bell?
Stupidity. Stop trying to strip other teams for Kobe.

Bell wouldn't get much playing time in Phoenix with Kobe at SG and Hill/Diaw playing a lot of minutes at SF. That is not stripping the Suns either. I also needed to add Bell for salary reasons if the Suns want Brown.

RidonKs 10-22-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

That's exactly the trade I've been stressing. Not that I want to get it done, Kobe staying on the Lakers is the best case scenario, but if a trade were to go down, I'd want something along those lines. Except **** Marion. He only makes us slightly better next year which lowers our potential 1st rounder. I wish they had some more early picks. Still, considering the next draft class, getting a few Suns picks wouldn't be horrible.

RidonKs 10-22-2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Thou NBA
Yes doesn't that fall into the category of rebuilding?

Your post was just a bit... oddly put together.