Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Jarvis Hayes will have a good season.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59833)

Naughty_devil 10-24-2007 07:38 AM

Jarvis Hayes will have a good season..

I think he will, the move was good for him

Patrick27 10-24-2007 01:31 PM

Re: Jarvis Hayes will have a good season..

Well, I must admit, I haven't seen him play yet but his statline doesn't look impressive. 40% career FG%, takes more threes than free throws, and doesn't put up defensive numbers (reb, blk, stl).

I see him more or less as a even exchange with Delfino. My hope is that he'll push himself because it's a contract year. If we can see good effort out of him every night, I'll consider him an upgrade.

go_blue 11-06-2007 10:00 PM

i have never really seen him play before and by his stats he looks like a good player

Patrick27 11-07-2007 01:23 PM

Actually, I was trying to show that by his stats, he doesn't look like a good player. We don't need a high 30's shooting %, because we can get that out of anyone.

The first three games and the preseason, Hayes has shown to be a good rebounder and willing to hustle. His offensive production is mainly the 3 pointer which I'm okay with because he's only been taking it within the offense, not chucking. His defense has been good so far, and since he'll be playing primarily against the 2nd squad of the other team, he should be able to hold most second string shooting guards fairly well.

At this early stage of the season, he's a clear upgrade over Delfino.

go_blue 11-07-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick27
Actually, I was trying to show that by his stats, he doesn't look like a good player. We don't need a high 30's shooting %, because we can get that out of anyone.

The first three games and the preseason, Hayes has shown to be a good rebounder and willing to hustle. His offensive production is mainly the 3 pointer which I'm okay with because he's only been taking it within the offense, not chucking. His defense has been good so far, and since he'll be playing primarily against the 2nd squad of the other team, he should be able to hold most second string shooting guards fairly well.

At this early stage of the season, he's a clear upgrade over Delfino.

now that i look at his stats more i agree that we dont need a guy with 30's shooting % but i still think he has a chance of a decent backup player

pj24lal 11-08-2007 01:09 PM

Good acquisition, didn't he have a couple of awesome preseason games?? Looks like a solid bench player for Detroit. Definitely much better than Delfino IMO.

dd24 11-08-2007 02:40 PM

Even though he's only been here a short amount of time and we haven't been able to see too much of him yet, from what I have seen I think he's going to be a better fit than Delfino.

go_blue 11-08-2007 05:56 PM

i think he will be a better backup than delfino because he will fit better in dertroit