Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2k8 Issue (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59871)

J_Rock3ts 10-24-2007 03:20 PM

NBA 2k8 Issue

I'm having an issue with the PS2 version of NBA 2k8, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could use to help me out. When I get an offensive rebound, I'll try to go back up with a strong dunk, because it's usually in traffic. No matter which direction I push though, the player (first Eddy Curry, then I traded him for Jermaine O'Neal) will fade back and try a fadeaway hookshot, which'll undoubtedly miss every time...this'll happen 3 or 4 times during any given possession and it's frustrating. These are power guys I have down low! Am I just doing something wrong, or is it just the way it is?

Moose 10-24-2007 03:24 PM

Re: NBA 2k8 Issue

I play NBA 2K8 for ps2 as well and that problem has never occurred to me. Did you change any game sliders?

T-Low 10-24-2007 05:20 PM

I have the issue that whenever i get fouled on the shot they say "1 shot" instead of "2 shots"...its a glitch

Da KO King 10-24-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
I'm having an issue with the PS2 version of NBA 2k8, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips I could use to help me out. When I get an offensive rebound, I'll try to go back up with a strong dunk, because it's usually in traffic. No matter which direction I push though, the player (first Eddy Curry, then I traded him for Jermaine O'Neal) will fade back and try a fadeaway hookshot, which'll undoubtedly miss every time...this'll happen 3 or 4 times during any given possession and it's frustrating. These are power guys I have down low! Am I just doing something wrong, or is it just the way it is?

Make sure you are holding the "aggressive modifier" (not sure what button it is on PS2) and pushing the shotstick toward the basket.

Richie2k6 10-24-2007 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Low
I have the issue that whenever i get fouled on the shot they say "1 shot" instead of "2 shots"...its a glitch

Same glitch in 2k7. They didn't even change it. 2k Sports really doesn't care about PS2. Bastards.

Quickness 10-24-2007 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Same glitch in 2k7. They didn't even change it. 2k Sports really doesn't care about PS2. Bastards.

I think ps2 is old news now its all about the 360 and ps3 I bet there trying to satisfy those people

The Italian 10-25-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie2k6

Well that is evident when you see that the Raptors still have their old white and purple home jerseys. They don't even have their whie/red home jerseys in the game. Shows how much effort they put into the PS2 version. It is pretty much the exact same as 2K7. I don't really notice much difference between the two.

Do the Raptors have their red/white jerseys in PS3 or XBOX 360? If not, I guess they just don't care about the Raptors.