Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anthony Johnson for Armstrong..? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6046)

stoopidraptor 07-23-2006 09:31 AM

Anthony Johnson for Armstrong..?
 
I've heard this rumor too...are you guyz in the rebuilding mode...?? why give up Anthony Johnson for Darrell Armstrong...the Mavs...would love this deal...not sure what's going on...but Raptor fans are waiting for Freddy Jones to Toronto....

dmenzion 07-23-2006 02:29 PM

yeah not sure why this deal went down. AJ is good, Darrell is good too, but hes old hes like 38 or 39. sooo i dunno wut it is...Fred will prolly leave kuz if u have that kinda talent why would u sit behind Stephen Jackson when u can play in Toronto.

Bosh
Graham
Peterson
Jones
Ford

PacerRaptor 07-23-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion
yeah not sure why this deal went down. AJ is good, Darrell is good too, but hes old hes like 38 or 39. sooo i dunno wut it is...Fred will prolly leave kuz if u have that kinda talent why would u sit behind Stephen Jackson when u can play in Toronto.

Bosh
Graham
Peterson
Jones
Ford

first off, Graham can play PF, imagine him cover tim duncan or JO .... not happening...i dont think jones is gonna leave...no way Donnie Walsh is going to let him leave, walsh would let jackson leave before jones. For sure Walsh will match the offer from teh raps

PacerRaptor 07-23-2006 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoopidraptor
I've heard this rumor too...are you guyz in the rebuilding mode...?? why give up Anthony Johnson for Darrell Armstrong...the Mavs...would love this deal...not sure what's going on...but Raptor fans are waiting for Freddy Jones to Toronto....

i guess its official now, heres the espn article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2527560

ZHAKIDD532 07-23-2006 06:32 PM

i'm still waiting to see the point. I thought it might be cap related, but Johnson makes like 2.5 mill the next 2 years, whats up???

PacerRaptor 07-23-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
i'm still waiting to see the point. I thought it might be cap related, but Johnson makes like 2.5 mill the next 2 years, whats up???

johnson is a slow, defensive, half-court pointguard. Armstong, is a PG that can push the ball and make that 3 point shot more consistantly than AJ...pacers are trying to get to a up-tempo game

PacersFan 08-13-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
johnson is a slow, defensive, half-court pointguard. Armstong, is a PG that can push the ball and make that 3 point shot more consistantly than AJ...pacers are trying to get to a up-tempo game


Thats true. With all the trades the Pacers have done, they been going after up-tempo players. I like where this team is heading.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy