Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Douby-lieve (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=612)

bballguru 06-07-2006 04:21 PM

Douby-lieve

Quincy Douby is highly underrated....he can come into the league and instantly be an impact player not to mention a huge scoring threat, this guy has always been underrated, even after being the big easts leading scorer and best shooter. He is easily a top 10 prospect for the future, he will be a 20 ppg scorer in the nba one day, mark my word. when will this guy get the credit he deserves? besides jj redick, he is the best pure shooter in the draft. Not to mention, he should easily be picked before reddick. He is faster, a better defender, a better scorer, a better passer, and score off the dribble. The only thing reddick tops him in is spot shooting, which he is only marginaly better at. Whoever takes douby will get the draft day steal.
What does everyone else think???

kwajo 06-07-2006 04:26 PM

Kyle Lowry >>> Douby

bballguru 06-07-2006 04:42 PM

psh what a joke, lowry is great dont get me wrong, but hes not the complete player douby is, lowry is a great hustler and has a great work ethic but he has nowhere near the talent as douby possesses

Younggrease 06-07-2006 04:52 PM

douby is a pure shooter, and a better scorer than JJ. Put him on Duke and the win the National Championship

but douby has to develop better driving skills so people dont crowd him, if he does he could be a player i would def want on team

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith 06-07-2006 05:21 PM

yeah

Haha remember that Rutgers/Nova game (GOBB/other Philly fans/BE fans) where Douby drained thoze back to back halfcourt shots.

Dude has a sweet stroke, but ultimately too frail to be a STAR.

I see him being a rich man's Juan Dixon though, which is far better than Redick.

thenextgreatbigman 06-07-2006 05:25 PM

i've said that for a while. maybe not a star but a great 6th man scoring option.
a better eddie house

kwajo 06-07-2006 05:27 PM

No one, and I mean No One, is better than Eddie House

saKf 06-07-2006 05:28 PM

My mom > Eddie House

:P

Seriously though, if Douby only ends up being another Eddie House, I'll be way disappointed. I see him as a guy who can come off the bench CONSISTENTLY and light it up, pouring points in every night.

dak121 06-07-2006 05:28 PM

Douby is one of the best 3 shooters in this draft along with Redick and Steve Novak.

Right now I would rank them as: 1) Novak 2) Redick 3) Douby

thenextgreatbigman 06-07-2006 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
No one, and I mean No One, is better than Eddie House

he's not doing shit in the playoffs but he gave the suns some really fast scoring. 10pts off the bench ain't that bad. guy has a stroke and was a beast in college

kwajo 06-07-2006 05:40 PM

Eddie House is even better than his stats and play suggest. He exudes an essence that makes his teams better and creates a resiliency of character that makes all those present feel warm and tingly as if in a giant womb of Eddie House comfort.

craigthomasb 06-07-2006 05:55 PM

douby = salim stoudamire

lowry = alvin willaims (pre injury, implying hes played post injury)

elinss86 06-07-2006 06:44 PM

doubys pretty sick. i go to rutgers so ive seen him play a lot. im excited to see how he does in nba

traditionone 06-07-2006 07:19 PM

The Lakers should consider trading up to get Douby. That would be an easier trade to pull off than one to get Brandon Roy and he has the skills to be a really going point guard in Phil's triangle offense.

ZHAKIDD532 06-07-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
Kyle Lowry >>> Douby

you've never seen douby work, guy's magic...

Everything this guy throws up goes in, from anywhere on the court

Made Villanova make serious adjustments to stop him. Had 20+ in the first half.

Douby >>>>>>>>>>> Lowry