Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How has Shaq looked so far? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61217)

insidehoops 11-03-2007 12:23 AM

How has Shaq looked so far?

Heat fans, what have you seen from the big guy so far?

fiddy 11-03-2007 03:59 PM

Re: How has Shaq looked so far?

He is gettin old. They cant see much of him.

HoopNightmare 11-04-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddy
He is gettin old. They cant see much of him.

Shaq is a BUM!!!

mhg88 11-04-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoopNightmare
Shaq is a BUM!!!

Thanks for the insight.

As a long-time Shaq fan (I've followed him his whole career) I can say he doesn't look too good so far. He looks slower and winded. Doesn't seem to put the effort in to get good position in the post. He's been getting in foul trouble early. Once Wade comes back he should be getting better looks, so his scoring should improve if he can stay on the floor. He needs to put some more effort in on the glass though, we need his rebounding.

smileyman111 12-01-2007 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoopNightmare
Shaq is a BUM!!!

:oldlol: :oldlol: :cheers: :cheers: :applause: :applause:

dorellcookwade 12-15-2007 03:38 AM

He's putting in no effort, and because he's not as athletic as he once was, he's getting in foul trouble instead of blocking shots, he's complaining about not being fed enough, but he needs to get the offensive rebounds too.

Wadeaminute 01-02-2008 09:51 PM

From what I've seen his post moves just don't work anymore. His flip shots and hook shots just don't do the job anymore. I cringe everytime he gets the ball outside the paint. He tries to post up, but he can't seem to bully anyone. Since he can't move them, he just throws it up there and misses it. It seems that the only way he can be effective is if he gets the ball thrown to him when he is really close to the basket. At least there he can dunk it.

wadeshaqcook 01-02-2008 10:44 PM

He is just getting old

Wadeaminute 01-03-2008 07:13 PM

yeah, age does have something to do with it, but I think it's more the fact that he doesn't really have the post moves anymore. People forget that he was a great post player with many post moves. He wasn't just a dunker. He could create with the ball in the post. Unfortuneatly, it would seem he can no longer create anymore.

He's not playing bad. He's still putting up good numbers, better than most centers in the league. The problem is the fact that what he's getting paid for those numbers is way to much.