Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   D-Will All star?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61656)

OlDeRaDo_64 11-06-2007 12:22 PM

D-Will All star??
 
So far D-Will is looking good. Scoring 20+ points a game and getting alot of assists its possible he can make the team. Apart from the fact there is AI and Nash in the west running for PG, would you vote for D-Will if he kept his current game up?

cyco127 11-06-2007 06:16 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't AI been playing mostly SG this season with Atkins at the point?

Oh, and to answer your question: YES, Deron will be an Allstar this year.

luigi>mario 11-06-2007 08:12 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
I really think he should make the team. If he does it will go a long way for keeping him in the Utah market. If he realizes he can still get some spotlight out in the sticks, then he might just accept Utah as a permanent home.

He was pretty disapointed last year after missing, even though he was on the fringe.

Look at it this way, Stern can promote a new pg/pf combo from Utah in the all star game for years to come, which might help ratings.

Sadly I think AK and Okur were more of the one year honorable mention all stars. Whenever a good player has what looks like a career year, they get the nod, cause it is likely they won't get another chance. I am convinced that is how they decide between the last 2 or 3 guys on each team.

pj24lal 11-07-2007 02:52 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
If Memo got in last year, in theory DWil can this year (I know more competition for guards) because DWil this year >>>>> Memo last year. I still don't know why Memo got in above Randolph last year (personal opinion, Randolph walking double double and Memo had a good half year but that's beside the point). But doesn't sub-position not really count i.e. there isnt a PG and SG, just two guards, because TMac and Kobe were starters for guard last year and Garnett and Duncan starting forwards. So basically (assuming Kobe is still in the West by All-Star weekend), Kobe, TMac, Iverson, Nash will all be All Stars for sure and the likes of Baron Davis will be closing in. Not through any fault of his own, I think Williams will struggle to get into the team simply for the ammount of quality guards in the west.

OlDeRaDo_64 11-08-2007 04:01 AM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Wow, u guys see that play last night by D Will. Awesome, he is amazing! How he ran down, looked straight through the D and got to the hoop and in. :D
Would of loved to be part of the atmosphere at the Energy Solutions

luigi>mario 11-08-2007 02:44 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pj24lal
But doesn't sub-position not really count i.e. there isnt a PG and SG, just two guards, because TMac and Kobe were starters for guard last year and Garnett and Duncan starting forwards. So basically (assuming Kobe is still in the West by All-Star weekend), Kobe, TMac, Iverson, Nash will all be All Stars for sure and the likes of Baron Davis will be closing in. Not through any fault of his own, I think Williams will struggle to get into the team simply for the ammount of quality guards in the west.


As far as subpositions, they are meaningless in voting. But I think the selections commitee looks at em.

I am certain there are two kinds of all stars, the "this guy is having a career year and won't get another shot" and the "hes just that good" kind.

Memo/AK are the first kind. I hope Williams becomes the second kind.

The all star game is in Phoenix this year. I predict 3 from the Suns. Nash, Amare, Marrion. With those three in, things can get shook up some for the west predicitons.

pj24lal 11-08-2007 02:47 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pj24lal
But doesn't sub-position not really count i.e. there isnt a PG and SG, just two guards, because TMac and Kobe were starters for guard last year and Garnett and Duncan starting forwards.


I just realised that that might sound like 2-guards, I meant two different guards. And yeh I agree that D-Wil should just earn his way onto the team through sheer quality and him deserving it. Have you said yet wether you think he will be an All-Star this year, luigi>mario?

OlDeRaDo_64 11-08-2007 04:09 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Also isnt the all star game in New Orleans this season?? Im almost certain it was

pj24lal 11-08-2007 04:17 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
Also isnt the all star game in New Orleans this season?? Im almost certain it was


Yes it is and it's just been declared that the 2009 game is in Phoenix. I think there was a typo on the main page.

Scotty McSurance 11-09-2007 04:53 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyco127
Correct me if I'm wrong... But hasn't AI been playing mostly SG this season with Atkins at the point?

Oh, and to answer your question: YES, Deron will be an Allstar this year.

Atkins is out with a groin injury I believe.

cyco127 11-09-2007 05:26 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Ahh, gotcha. I haven't been watching the nugs (exept final scores) much this season...

El Kabong 11-10-2007 02:01 AM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Unfortuantly for Williams, I forsee Chris Paul getting the nod over him. Not because Paul is better (You can go back and forth forever on this) but because he's the flashier player and flash always sells.

He might get voted in by the coaches, but I don't see it.

wally_world 11-10-2007 12:53 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Deron = All-Star locked... won't be starting though... i don't see the T-Mac/Kobe votes going away anytime soon...

luigi>mario 11-10-2007 05:48 PM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pj24lal
I just realised that that might sound like 2-guards, I meant two different guards. And yeh I agree that D-Wil should just earn his way onto the team through sheer quality and him deserving it. Have you said yet wether you think he will be an All-Star this year, luigi>mario?


I still don't know. I hope he makes it. It will be close though. From the selection committee, I think there will be a lot of pressure to put either Williams or Paul on the team. If they look similar it will come down to team sucess, and not just who has the better record. If it looks like Paul has turned the Hornets all the way around, or if the Jazz are looking like a top 3 team.

So if I have to guess, I would say he misses this year and makes it next year (which is also our big shot at a chip IMO)

ut_jazz 11-13-2007 02:49 AM

Re: D-Will All star??
 
Deron is definitely a all star this year


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy