Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Questionable trade...need other viewpoints. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61677)

brokenthumb 11-06-2007 04:01 PM

Questionable trade...need other viewpoints.

Okay, i have someone in my league who made a couple questionable trades last year. Then turns around and starts the year off by trading his Luke Walton for the other guys Ron Artest.

My question is this....would ANY of you trade Ron Artest for Luke Walton straight up? Just looking to see if i'm the crazy one who thinks he took advantage of the other guy....or if anyone thinks this is an even trade.

SRZ66 11-06-2007 04:24 PM

Re: Questionable trade...need other viewpoints.

thats completely unfair and something sketchy is going on for sure

galaga3 11-06-2007 04:56 PM

walton was decent last year and there was a pretty long stretch where artest didn't play. but if the trade didn't happen in mid-december or january then i'd say that something is up

benJAMin 11-06-2007 04:59 PM

Its an unfair trade, even factoring in the suspension(s)

kumquat 11-06-2007 05:07 PM

Pretty dumb considering Ron is only out 7 games, back next week on the 14th.

LakersFO 11-06-2007 05:08 PM

Is a terrible trade for experienced owners.

The former artest owner must be a laker fan. If not he is buying in Waltons early season numbers which are his normal numbers. If not the are colluding and you can't prove it.

You have to give it to the savy owner. He preys on weaker owners and gets what he wants. If nobody else could offer something better to blk the walton trade ...everybody was asleep at the wheel.

I would simply start smearing the owners reputation as a dirty car salesman constantly. Dirty moves need dirtier moves to counter. If the league still continues to make trades with...then that is their bad. You can't do jack after that. Unless you install a league approval policy.

galaga3 11-06-2007 05:12 PM

i didn't read correctly. I thought he traded walton for artest last year. If it was this year, then I call shenanigans on your league

RapsFan 11-06-2007 06:52 PM

Wouldn't you be more upset with the Artest owner? He's the guy who traded Artest for Walton. If I make a deal and I rob the other, buyer beware. I have pulled off many deals where I have robbed the other GM. But I am not colluding with anyone else. If the deals are with the same owners, then sure it's suspect. But if he's continually robbed various owners over the years, then maybe he's just a good negotiator. Who knows.

LakersFO 11-06-2007 08:20 PM

Im upset at both sides.

Lamar Odoms probable return on friday is rumored to push Walton to the bench. And no this is nothing like Jason Terry coming off the bench.

Terrible trade obviously. The question is how you handle it.

vood002 11-06-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakersFO
Im upset at both sides.

Lamar Odoms probable return on friday is rumored to push Walton to the bench. And no this is nothing like Jason Terry coming off the bench.

Terrible trade obviously. The question is how you handle it.

Drop all your players into free agency, post links to tubgirl and two girls+cup on the message board, type all posts in ALL CAPS.

thejoyofsobe 11-06-2007 08:32 PM

Nope, you're not crazy. That's a crap trade.
I had a trade processed in one of my leagues that sent Amare Stoudemire, Chris Paul and Channing Frye for Chauncey Billups, Samuel Dalembert and Luke Ridnour. I made a huge fuss over it and I asked that at least Dalembert be traded back for Stoudemire but the manager who traded Stat away insisted that this trade somehow made his team better. After hearing from both parties involved in the trade I am starting to think that they are either friends engaging in player dumping or the same person with two IDs. I'm more angry at the commissioner for allowing that trade. Just goes to show you that you should only participate in league votes leagues or in ones where you know the commissioner.

thejoyofsobe 11-06-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vood002
Drop all your players into free agency, post links to tubgirl and two girls+cup on the message board, type all posts in ALL CAPS.

OR take it up with the commissioner because he has the power to reverse it and make a plea to the other managers for support for a reversal.
This is move is not bad enough to shift the power structure in your league so if you feel mad enough about it to leave, don't drop all of your players, bench them.

brokenthumb 11-06-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejoyofsobe
OR take it up with the commissioner because he has the power to reverse it and make a plea to the other managers for support for a reversal.
This is move is not bad enough to shift the power structure in your league so if you feel mad enough about it to leave, don't drop all of your players, bench them.

That's the thing...the guy who stole Artest from the other manager IS the commissioner. I think it's BS....I was the only one that stepped up and said something about the trade. Asking wtf the owner of Artest was thinking. Pointed out he got hosed, etc....not one reply from him.

That was 2 weeks ago. BUT, they're have been 4 replies by the commissioner first trying to validate it and getting very defensive. Then bringing it up again when the guy that gave up artest beat me this week.

Quote:

The former artest owner must be a laker fan. If not he is buying in Waltons early season numbers which are his normal numbers. If not the are colluding and you can't prove it.

The guy who gave Artest for Walton.....his team name is The Laker H8er. The Laker H8er (i believe) started off last year as being the commissioner's son. I'm convinced that as the season went on ended up being the commissioner's second team. Wouldnt doubt if he did the same this year.

The commissioner just made a trade with the same guy where he got Jason Kidd for Marcus Camby. At least this one is more on the same level depending on your needs.

The same dude that trades away Artest for Walton...then turns around and tries to offer me the Matrix for Joe Johnson and Al Jefferson.

RapsFan 11-06-2007 10:11 PM

That is why you need to be in leagues with people you know. Either personally or people say from a msg. board that you regularly frequent.

thejoyofsobe 11-06-2007 10:25 PM

If it's the commissioner doing it and if your angry enough, then drop all of your players in protest. Better yet, make trade all of your best players to another manager for his scrubs, although if its commissioner veto then it wouldn't work.