Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Deepest Roster In The League? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61869)

final.wrath 11-07-2007 06:18 PM

Deepest Roster In The League?

Do the Pistons have a shot at being the deepest team in the league this season? If Rondey Stuckey and Amir Johnson play up to expectations, I say yes we do. Just look:

Chauncey Billups/Rodney Stuckey/Flip Murray/Lindsey Hunter
Rip Hamilton/Aaron Afflalo/Jarvis Hayes/Flip Murray
Tayshaun Prince/Jarvis Hayes/Jason Maxiell
Antonio McDyess/Jason Maxiell/Amir Johnson
Rasheed Wallace/Nazr Mohammed/Amir Johnson

go_blue 11-07-2007 09:10 PM

Re: Deepest Roster In The League?

yea we do have the deepest roster in the league expecialy Stucky and johnson make it more deep.

theoriginal14 11-22-2007 09:57 PM

no because amir has not been really in the rotation and SA spurs bench is better right now IMO. they bring manu off the bench, that guys can get 20 pts against any1s second unit.

giordun 11-25-2007 12:05 AM

If Rockets use Steve Francis they'd be the deepest.

dd24 11-25-2007 04:06 PM

The Pistons had a way deeper bench a few years back when they won the championship. They have some good young talent now but there still isn't enough experience there yet. Maybe in time but there are a few other teams that are deeper. Look at the Lakers. They don't have the best starting 5 by any means but their bench production this year is a huge factor in their wins. I would say the Lakers have a deeper bench with Farmar and Bynum and now they just added in Ariza. Their bench has outscored entire teams this season. Amir Johnson and Stuckey still have more to prove. If they got rid of Nazr like we keep seeing in the rumors and added Webber to the bench then I think the Pistons could be in the discussion for having the deepest roster. Right now there are a handfull of teams that are still deeper.

Patrick27 11-26-2007 12:40 PM

Depends on how deep teams need to be. If you're talking 12 deep, I'd actually take New York. If you're talking 7-8, I'd take Phoenix (that's all they play). If you're talking 10, I'd take Detroit.

dd24 11-26-2007 02:34 PM

I wouldn't take New York for anything. That place is just a mess. When I say deep it's generally around 8. Usually in the begining of the season teams rotate about 10-12 but once it comes down to it for the second half and the playoffs that number generally goes to 7 or 8, which to me is what matters the most since that is what we look at for postseason match ups.

LA.MJ&KB#1 11-26-2007 06:29 PM

I would say the top five benches in the league:

SA
Sun
Pistons
Lakers
Rockets

Hope you didn't mind other point of view.

Whats up Northern High School on the Northend side