Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Fantasy Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   In desperade need of advice (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61939)

Fabolouso 11-08-2007 03:53 AM

In desperade need of advice

What could you tell me about Kyle Lowry and Keith Bogans? I see their stats are pretty good, but I got to admit I don't know much about them...Would they be useful assets to my team, how much minutes will they get this season, is their a injured player their covering for? Please, as much as you can tell me about those two.

And what do you think of a trade of Nowitzki and Ronny Turiaf for Nene and Billups?

LakersFO 11-08-2007 04:15 AM

Re: In desperade need of advice

Bogans is starting and doesn't provide consistent stats. Expect him to start or be 1st off the bench with plenty of minutes. There isn't much talent in Orlando. 10 shots a game, 1-2 threes, some rebs and assists and stls. Im not a fan. He is a lowend util player.

Lowry 2nd year player with lots off competition. Younger and has more potential. Legit potential. You saw his stats last night. If you want look at this stats towards the end of last year go ahead. I stupidly took Kinsley last season and watched Lowry help my apprentice win a championship. Proud loser, i would say.

Anyhoot. Between the two i take Lowry the player with upside vs bogans the player who we know will never be a greater than a super-low end utility player in 14+ Deep leagues with 12-13 man starting rosters.

Dirk side of the deal wins. easily. Its more about Billups and Dirk. Turiaf would never make any of my teams.

Dirk is billups with more rebounds and a few less assists and more points. Stay away...or take Dirk and run.

Fabolouso 11-08-2007 04:56 AM

So would you do an Outlaw-Lowry trade?

LakersFO 11-08-2007 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fabolouso
So would you do an Outlaw-Lowry trade?

Oh yeah.

Webster is almost locked into the starting postion Outlaw is battling for. He still gets minutes but i prefer Lowry overall. Shooter with ft%, assists, and stls Also depend on your needs. Outlaw is more of a rebounder blker type.

Fabolouso 11-08-2007 06:34 AM

What about Craig Smith for Al Thornton? They are both second options right now, but I think Thornton is up and coming. What do you think?

LakersFO 11-08-2007 06:50 AM

Quote:

What about Craig Smith for Al Thornton? They are both second options right now, but I think Thornton is up and coming. What do you think?

Thornton because he hits the tough cats. Three's stls and maybe blks. Anybody can grab 5 rebs.

Fabolouso 11-08-2007 06:56 AM

One last question and that’s it :) Somebody dropped JR Smith a couple of days ago and I picked him up and dropped Corey Brewer. The move finalizes tomorrow, but now I have a few doubts, should I cancel the transition?

LakersFO 11-08-2007 07:18 AM

Quote:

One last question and thatís it :) Somebody dropped JR Smith a couple of days ago and I picked him up and dropped Corey Brewer. The move finalizes tomorrow, but now I have a few doubts, should I cancel the transition?

Cancel it and give brewer a week or two. See what he can do once he settles. I normally don't trust rooks. But JR is Junk Recycled and brewer is gonna get pt.

JR is a 3point shooter period. JR is constantly in George Karls's dirty dog house.