Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Maxiel Should Be Playing 25-30 Minutes Every Game (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62197)

final.wrath 11-10-2007 12:54 AM

Maxiel Should Be Playing 25-30 Minutes Every Game

I don't see why Flip hasn't played him more. On most teams he would be starting.

McDyess is not a better player at this point. He has a nice ability to hit the 18-20 footer but Jason Maxiel can fill the rebounding and shotblocking void we've had since Ben left.

The regular season is a great opportunity for Max to show his skills and gain experience. If Flip keeps playing him less than 20 minutes a game he's hurting his progress.

go_blue 11-10-2007 11:01 AM

Re: Maxiel Should Be Playing 25-30 Minutes Every Game

i think he hasnt played Max more because he thinks are offense needs more power than are D

final.wrath 11-10-2007 12:18 PM

offensively max isn't that much of a stepback from dyess. he may miss more free throws but he gets us extra possessions with his offensive rebounding. jason has also improved his post game and touch around the basket.

but yeah flip's system does depend on the outside shot. too much so in my oppinion. thats why I've been suggesting that we post up tayshaun more and play maxiel more minutes. those two guys will bolster our offense in the paint.

wally_world 11-11-2007 08:22 AM

height...

6'9" >> 6'7"

catzhernandez 11-11-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
height...

6'9" >> 6'7"

lol, height means absolutly nothing... dennis rodman was 6'5 on a good day, and he averaged 18 rpg!!!

final.wrath 11-11-2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
height...

6'9" >> 6'7"

:hammerhead: come on man maxiel is not a matchup problem on the defensive end. he's such a good shotblocker that he often catches taller players by suprise when he swats it away.

if flip keeps limiting him in minutes it's because of his own stupidity not anything maxiel hasn't done

dd24 11-12-2007 11:03 AM

I think Maxiell should be playing more too. The entire reason we didn't resign Webber was so the younger guys could get some more experience. Well, let them play then. The past two games I like what McDyess has been doing, but I think we need to give the young guys a shot.

Patrick27 11-12-2007 02:54 PM

McDyess has been shooting lights out (5th in the league, and with jumpshots!) and Rasheed is playing like he's 5 years younger. You want to limit the minutes of which one???

Maxiell is an energy player, meaning that he comes in to provide a spark and jumpstart the offense and defense. Because of his high energy play, he often fouls at a high rate. His +/- for the year isn't as good as you'd think, but his energy is contagious and he makes others play harder (because he's showing them up, basically). Also, despite Maxiell's summer weight loss, I don't think he could sustain that level of energy for 30 minutes per game.

His minutes and role are just right, in my opinion.

final.wrath 11-13-2007 03:53 PM

Yeah I ate my words with the way Dyess has been playing.

Still in the long term its better for our young guys to get experience.

Aussie Dunker 11-14-2007 02:01 AM

Yerr i see what your saying mannn, but the way McDyess has been balling its very hard to give max the minutes we want him to have...

I want to see Max average over 25 minutes a game, its a long season, we might want to cut McDyess' minutes down save him for where it really counts, the playoffs, so i see max getting more and more minutes at the season rolls on...

Id also love to see Amir get more minutes, with the signing of Hayes (who is playing very well) there arnt many minutes for him, but i beleive him, tay and max are going to carry us into our future when billups, rip, sheed and dyess are gone...

theoriginal14 11-24-2007 12:32 PM

max is a beast when he gets lots of burn (playing time)

Patrick27 11-26-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoriginal14
max is a beast when he gets lots of burn (playing time)

I was really impressed with his versatility in the Utah game. He was shooting jumpers from out past the free throw line, showed some post moves, blocked shots, took charges... Man! That was great to see!

With the time McDyess and Rasheed have missed, Maxiell has really stepped up and there hasn't been a huge void in the frontcourt. He's certainly the 3rd frontcourt player in the depth chart by now.

final.wrath 12-04-2007 09:12 PM

6th man of the year so far?

Patrick27 12-05-2007 12:31 AM

I think Manu already has that. The dude is an all-star playing the 6th man position. Although if something happened and Manu ended up as a starter again, Maxiell is probably right there in the running.

I'd be happy with most improved, which I feel is more appropriate.

What do you think?

dd24 12-05-2007 10:40 AM

I agree, most improved is probably the best title to give him. Although it's probably more of a given the opportunity to play kind of thing. There are too many other people out there who could be 6th man.