Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pistons v. Celtics (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64032)

marny_navis 11-23-2007 01:30 PM

Pistons v. Celtics

Does anyone think that the Pistons can compete with the Celtics for the ECC? I like the guard depth they have, but I don't know if they can handle KG down low. Are there any moves that could possibly help them in that respect?

theoriginal14 11-23-2007 01:34 PM

Re: Pistons v. Celtics

I'm not afraid of boston. detroit matches up with them very nicely.

kg - sheed
Pirece - prince
allen - rip or billups

who else does boston have. who do they got that can handle mad max (jason maxiell)?

LA.MJ&KB#1 11-24-2007 10:49 AM

^I think its going to be a great match up for all to see. The true test is do Detroit still have that determination to pose there will over teams which I think is lost a little bit. Piston want be trying to stop just one superstar but, three superstars which makes everybody else on there team much better.

Good luck and anything can happen.

Northern High School class of 82:D

theoriginal14 11-24-2007 11:48 AM

i know everyone talks about the big 3 of boston, but honestly i dont consider ray allen a superstar. i think he is a very good player like hamilton or prince, but not a superstar. so when people say boston has 3 superstars i dont believe it. PP and kg are supersatrs, but allen is just a very good player

Ian 11-24-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theoriginal14
i know everyone talks about the big 3 of boston, but honestly i dont consider ray allen a superstar. i think he is a very good player like hamilton or prince, but not a superstar. so when people say boston has 3 superstars i dont believe it. PP and kg are supersatrs, but allen is just a very good player

Ray Allen is a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player, I agree. He's not quite on par with Paul Pierce and KG, though it's close. Allen is better than 85% of the players in the NBA while PP and KG are better than 90%. (Obviously this isn't a proven or researched fact. Just trying to make my point more clear)

The Pistons and Celtics are two very dynamic teams. It's way to early for me to determine the "better team". Both are fueled by their explosive style and extremely-talented players. I can't wait to see their first matchup. Should be one hell of a ride.

Patrick27 11-26-2007 12:36 PM

I'd like to see Afflalo guard Allen. I think he can give him fits if he realizes he needs to stay close and not give up uncontested shots.

I'm fine with Rasheed on Garnett and Prince on Pierce. I don't think there's a team in the league that matches with them and counters their offense with good defense like the Pistons. Even when I look at the Spurs, I don't think Bowen can stop Pierce like Prince can.

Maxiell on Perkins should work, because he'll be able to provide help-side defense. If Perkins ends up going for 30, then Boston will win. As long as each position keeps with its matchup, Detroit will do fine.

I'm not convinced that Boston's frontcourt can stop Billups/Hamilton. They're not known as lock down defenders.

Mr_Basketball#1 12-20-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian
Ray Allen is a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player, I agree. He's not quite on par with Paul Pierce and KG, though it's close. Allen is better than 85% of the players in the NBA while PP and KG are better than 90%. (Obviously this isn't a proven or researched fact. Just trying to make my point more clear)

The Pistons and Celtics are two very dynamic teams. It's way to early for me to determine the "better team". Both are fueled by their explosive style and extremely-talented players. I can't wait to see their first matchup. Should be one hell of a ride.

:applause: Well said. He's lost alot of his athleticism which made him a superstar earlier in his career to injuries, but like Ian said he's still a superstar shooter, but in terms of an overall player he's not on that level any more.

dd24 12-20-2007 11:16 AM

I think after last night we now see, if those teams meet up in the ECF it's going to be a battle. Detroit gave Boston every opportunity to win that game, and probably should have lost with that late turnover. But with a solid defensive play and a little luck Detroit pulled it out. As long as Boston and Detroit stay healthy that will be a 7 game series. I wasn't sold on Boston before because of their lack of depth. Which is why I say if they stay healthy. If they have their top 7 or 8 guys ready for the playoffs they will be able to make a strong push. Rondo has actually done a lot better this season than I (and probably most) expected. Perkins actually doesn't look too bad with KG next to him. With that said, I still like Detroit to win the series in 7 come April :D

The Big Three 01-09-2008 09:41 PM

I think Detroit can beat them, since they've been together longer, and hopefully their bodies will be more in shape than Boston's, because they'll need that edge in the playoffs.

20 Dimes A Game 01-10-2008 05:21 AM

Pistons in 6.

Patrick27 01-10-2008 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick27
If Perkins ends up going for 30, then Boston will win. As long as each position keeps with its matchup, Detroit will do fine.

I wasn't too far off this last time. Big Baby Glen Davis was the game's high scorer. Bleck.