Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   We gotta trade with Philly... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644)

stoopidraptor 06-07-2006 09:40 PM

We gotta trade with Philly...

We gotta steal Dalembert out of this place... BC's gotta do something to get a center like that...he's young, athletic...and people fear he'll block their shots...I'll accept a Willie Green in return...

Can we trade the #1 for someone like Dalembert and who knows...Demi's husband...?

GoRapz 06-07-2006 09:56 PM

hell naw, i'd rather we draft lamarcus at 1

Pistol Pete 06-07-2006 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoopidraptor
Can we trade the #1 for someone like Dalembert and who knows...Demi's husband...?

Samuel Dalembert is definately not worth the #1 overall pick. The guy has the potential tag written all over him but he has yet to really prove anything. Philidelphia laid a monster contract on him that would eat into our cap space heavily and last year he did little to earn it. Bottom line, if we were to trade our #1 pick for a center, I wouldn't want it to be for someone whom has potential, but already has the huge contract. I'd rather just roll the dice and take LaMarcus Aldridge out of Texas.

Chamberlain 06-07-2006 10:25 PM

If Dalembert didn't have that massive contract he'd be a nice pickup. But not in exchange for the number 1 pick. Any number 1 pick going Philly's way would have to include Iverson or Iguadala+some, which would also never happen.

DoubleTech 06-08-2006 12:42 AM

yikes... im beginning to think all your posts are just... bad jokes?

'stoopidraptor'????

Qwyjibo 06-08-2006 01:08 AM

They should trade Iguodala for Araujo just to set things right in this world... well at least for us Raptor fans.

:(

bk15 06-10-2006 08:18 PM

ld love to see samueal dalembert in T.O. how bad is his contract?

Pistol Pete 06-10-2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bk15
ld love to see samueal dalembert in T.O. how bad is his contract?

His contract stretches over another 5 years at about a total of 52 million dollars. The original signing was 6 years for a total of around 60 million dollars. He just played the first season of his contract though, and didn't really earn the 10+ million dollars he will eventually be making.

craigthomasb 06-10-2006 08:43 PM

dalembert over the next 5 years @ $52 million > jamaal magloire over the enxt 5 years @ $52 million (what he will be lloking for next summer)

if we could trade

#1, mo pete, eric williams

for

andre igudouala + sam dalembert

id do it (although i'd be cheeky and ask for their 1st round pick aswell)

we could sign marcus banks in free agency

banks / calderon / ukic
igudouala / joey graham
charlie V / trever ariza
bosh / hymphries / bonner
dalembert / sow / whaley

i think woudl be pretty good defensivley

as for the sixers

iverson
peterson
korver
webber
aldride

mkvli 06-10-2006 09:12 PM

hmm who would you guys rather have if their contracts were the same?

Magzz or Dalembart?
M. Williams or Willie Green?

Orealius 06-10-2006 09:13 PM

Where are all these dumb ****s coming from?

Pistol Pete 06-10-2006 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orealius
Where are all these dumb ****s coming from?

I am not really sure but I disagree strongly with alot of the ideas being expressed in this thread.

Jerm 06-10-2006 09:43 PM

You guys are acting like the guy we're going to pick #1 will be any better than Dalembert and won't end up getting a big contract. Face it, Dalembert will easily be the #1 pick if he was coming out in this draft. $50million over 5 years for an atheletic defensive centre who manged close to a double double with tho chuckers on his team isn't so bad.

Oh well, I guess you guys place a lot of value of Aldridge/Bargnani/whoever that pick can get. Dalembert is easily better than Pryzbilla by a long mile and most of you won't hesitate to give Pryzbilla that kind of contract. Dalembert has a nice hookshot, Pryzbilla?...Nothing on offense. Dalembert runs the floor better and has shown the ability to be durable unlike Pryzbilla. I'll do this deal. This #1 pick won't be any better than Dalembert.

Pistol Pete 06-10-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
You guys are acting like the guy we're going to pick #1 will be any better than Dalembert and won't end up getting a big contract. Face it, Dalembert will easily be the #1 pick if he was coming out in this draft. $50million over 5 years for an atheletic defensive centre who manged close to a double double with tho chuckers on his team isn't so bad.

I believe that the #1 pick will definately be better then Samuel Dalembert, if we were to pick LaMarcus Aldridge, I would expect him to get better then the 7 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks that Dalembert currently gets while earning over 10 million dollars a year. And it's not the fact that our #1 pick won't earn that eventually, it's that his 10 million dollars basically costs us all of our cap space, so basically your saying Dalembert is worth the #1 pick plus another maximum contract free agent signing we could be getting which clearly he is not. Doing this, would take away all the positives we have right now and leave us with Samuel Dalembert.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
Oh well, I guess you guys place a lot of value of Aldridge/Bargnani/whoever that pick can get. Dalembert is easily better than Pryzbilla by a long mile and most of you won't hesitate to give Pryzbilla that kind of contract. Dalembert has a nice hookshot, Pryzbilla?...Nothing on offense. Dalembert runs the floor better and has shown the ability to be durable unlike Pryzbilla. I'll do this deal. This #1 pick won't be any better than Dalembert.

You are looking at it irrationally, we would be getting the #1 pick and a guy like Przybilla. I don't think I would give Przybilla the type of money that Dalembert gets, but if I had too, I would as atleast it wouldn't cost us the #1 overall pick whom could be a major talent. Przybilla got 6 points, 7 rebounds and the same 2 blocks that Dalembert got, yet he wouldn't cost us the #1 pick. I mean ideally, we would just draft LaMarcus Aldridge #1 overall and then we wouldn't have to worry about wasting maximum dollars on a free agent center.

Bourne 06-10-2006 10:02 PM

#1 + large FA signing(s) for Dalembert?

:wtf: