Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Raptors 06/07 Season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656)

Chamberlain 06-07-2006 10:41 PM

Raptors 06/07 Season

With all the draft and trade rumors that are flying around, which do you feel are the most likely to happen, and how do you envision the 06/07 Raptor's roster? Also, given the team you have come up with, how well would they do next year? Bottom 3? High Lottery? Playoffs?

A Roc 23 06-07-2006 11:11 PM

I see playoffs.

Chamberlain 06-07-2006 11:21 PM

Any thoughts on what the roster will look like?

AKADS 06-07-2006 11:32 PM

IMO if the Raptor make the playoffs that would be a huge push for the team. IMO it seems like BC wants to get rid of Villy and try to trade down. If he does those two thing together you guys should get a all-star type player back.

One trade i was thinkin of was
Villy
Number 1

For

Ridnour
Lewis
Number 10

Chamberlain 06-07-2006 11:48 PM

I kinda like that trade. And with the Number 10 pick they could potentially draft a big like Sheldon Williams, Patrick O'Bryant, Cedric Simmons or Hilton Armstrong. Or go with another player and still try to adress the big man situation in draft/free agency.

AKADS 06-07-2006 11:51 PM

I gues i am becoming a TO fan now that i think i am moving there,

A Roc 23 06-07-2006 11:52 PM

Oh hell yeah I'd do that trade.

AKADS 06-08-2006 12:07 AM

seattle would end up with

Watson / Wilkens
Ray Allen
Charlie V
Wilcox
Aldridge?? / Swift

Chamberlain 06-08-2006 01:35 AM

I think both teams would benefit.

Bourne 06-08-2006 08:44 AM

Isn't ridnour a FA tho?

I am a putz, so I hate seeing any of the new players traded, so I have mixed feelings about that trade :(

The Captain 06-08-2006 09:43 AM

[quote=AKADS]IMO if the Raptor make the playoffs that would be a huge push for the team. IMO it seems like BC wants to get rid of Villy and try to trade down. If he does those two thing together you guys should get a all-star type player back.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but where did you get info or a feeling that BC wants to get rid of Charlie. As far as I read, he's keen on keeping V, Bosh and Graham together as the central unit of the team.

next year, playoffs! maybe 2nd round.

pg- Jarrett Jack, JayWilliams, Calderon
SG- Mo, Graham, 2nd Rounder
SF- Charlie, Bargagni/Gay, Bonner, Slokar
pf- Bosh, pop, that other linked euro guy
C- Przybilla, Hoffa, 2nd rounder

craigthomasb 06-08-2006 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne
Isn't ridnour a FA tho?

I am a putz, so I hate seeing any of the new players traded, so I have mixed feelings about that trade :(

ridnours the same 2003 draft class as bosh and i'd be very suprised if seattle havent opted in for his 2 extra years

i also agree, i dont want to see any of our "core go" and im sure they wont

Unregistered 06-08-2006 12:00 PM

[quote=The Captain]
Quote:

Originally Posted by AKADS
IMO if the Raptor make the playoffs that would be a huge push for the team. IMO it seems like BC wants to get rid of Villy and try to trade down. If he does those two thing together you guys should get a all-star type player back.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but where did you get info or a feeling that BC wants to get rid of Charlie. As far as I read, he's keen on keeping V, Bosh and Graham together as the central unit of the team.

next year, playoffs! maybe 2nd round.

pg- Jarrett Jack, JayWilliams, Calderon
SG- Mo, Graham, 2nd Rounder
SF- Charlie, Bargagni/Gay, Bonner, Slokar
pf- Bosh, pop, that other linked euro guy
C- Przybilla, Hoffa, 2nd rounder

If this is the team the Raps have...they are lottery yet again. Jack is by no stretch a playoff leading PG. He's a backup at best, but a good one at that. Mo Pete is a total chucker, horrendous efficiency. Best suited as a 6th man but on this team, he's the #2 or #3 option. Hoffa being our backup C is terrible also. The biggest problem is Pryz!!! Why do Raps fans want this stiff? He played a half season of boards and blocks a year and a half ago. He gets injured all the time, can't score and couldn't even play starters mins on the worst team in the league! Didn't he average 5 points and 6 boards a game? The team above would be hard pressed to score 85 points a game with Jack and Pryz.

Dr.Funk 06-08-2006 12:50 PM

Depending on what moves BC makes but I can see finishing betweem 10th and 6th.

The Captain 06-08-2006 01:01 PM

[quote=Unregistered]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Captain

If this is the team the Raps have...they are lottery yet again. Jack is by no stretch a playoff leading PG. He's a backup at best, but a good one at that. Mo Pete is a total chucker, horrendous efficiency. Best suited as a 6th man but on this team, he's the #2 or #3 option. Hoffa being our backup C is terrible also. The biggest problem is Pryz!!! Why do Raps fans want this stiff? He played a half season of boards and blocks a year and a half ago. He gets injured all the time, can't score and couldn't even play starters mins on the worst team in the league! Didn't he average 5 points and 6 boards a game? The team above would be hard pressed to score 85 points a game with Jack and Pryz.

Did the raps not score alot last year? i think I remember them averaging over 100ppg. Why would then suddenly start scoring only 85? what Przybilla brings is toughness, rebounding and blocks. he didn't get a ton of minutes because he had Ratliff(and his starter's salary) to go against.

Jack isn't the answer, but if you get him for dropping a few lotery slots and get equal talent back, we're that much deeper. Bosh's scoring should go up because he'll get more touches, so will v...so the scoring should stay relatively the same, but with better D and rebounding.

I agree with you on Mo, he's a streak player, that's why if we trade, I would trade him...playoff teams will want his scoring and 3's.