Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Idea: ISH Mock Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65884)

marny_navis 12-06-2007 05:30 PM

Idea: ISH Mock Draft

I have been thinking about possibly doing a mock draft involving members of ISH. I saw this on a football message board, and it worked out rather well. Here's basically what we do: Find members that would like to make the selection for their team, and then hold a 15-30 day mock draft of the first round. For example, Timmy Jones would like to pick for the Lakers. Timmy then posts here, and if no one contests him for a set amount of time, he gets the pick. Then, when it's his turn, he has to make the pick for his team. If he can't get his pick in on time, me or someone in charge makes it for him.

How about it? monthh, waiting for your response since you pretty much own this board.

Jailblazers7 12-06-2007 09:43 PM

Re: Idea: ISH Mock Draft

Im pretty sure we did this last year.

marny_navis 12-06-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Im pretty sure we did this last year.

Really? Was it on the NBA Forum or the Draft Forum, because I don't recall seeing it on the draft forum.

OPM 12-06-2007 10:42 PM

Dude, Yes!!!

marny_navis 12-06-2007 10:46 PM

Sweet, we'll find out what monthh says. If he likes the idea, we'll go through with it around draft time.

FOYE4MVP 12-06-2007 10:50 PM

cool idea.

marny_navis 12-06-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
cool idea.

You could probably rep. the T'Wolves, probably the only fan there, lol.

FOYE4MVP 12-07-2007 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
You could probably rep. the T'Wolves, probably the only fan there, lol.

yeah, sure i'll do it.

monthh 12-07-2007 02:43 AM

Yeah I like the idea. It will get more people involved and fans will actually want to look into the players more instead of saying "this guy scored more so I want my team to take him."

pj24lal 12-07-2007 10:22 AM

Cool idea.. but for College players or the NBA, like the Fantasy Draft option from the NBA Live games? If it's for NBA it sounds great.

marny_navis 12-07-2007 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pj24lal
Cool idea.. but for College players or the NBA, like the Fantasy Draft option from the NBA Live games? If it's for NBA it sounds great.

I was thinking more like for the College Players that are going into the 2008 draft. But an NBA Mock Draft would be awesome too. We might be able to do both of them in this forum. If that's the case, we would hopefully be able to get some more attention here.

marny_navis 12-07-2007 10:29 AM

Also, how about the idea of a Mock Draft contest, as well? No one would get anything actually, but it'd just be a fun thing to do.

OPM 12-07-2007 04:39 PM

meow

monthh 12-10-2007 01:48 PM

I have tried the game thing in the past, and it never really got going. Only a few people posted a draft.

The drafting for you team thing has worked in the past though, so it should work closer to the draft.

Cohnman15 12-10-2007 04:34 PM

I'll do it for the Knicks if no one else is.