Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   no love for Conan? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66724)

jbot 12-12-2007 09:21 PM

no love for Conan?

anyone other than me have this game? man, it's really fun. it's a hack and slash/adventure but it actually has a science to the button mashing. you can just pound on the buttons but if u take the time and learn the moves, it really helps.

the graphics are great and so far the bosses and storyline are cool. the fatal kill moves are sahweet! cutting arms off and even slicing enemies down the middle into two.

Cannonball 12-13-2007 12:19 AM

Re: no love for Conan?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
anyone other than me have this game? man, it's really fun. it's a hack and slash/adventure but it actually has a science to the button mashing. you can just pound on the buttons but if u take the time and learn the moves, it really helps.

the graphics are great and so far the bosses and storyline are cool. the fatal kill moves are sahweet! cutting arms off and even slicing enemies down the middle into two.

Haha what is this game even about?

Smokee 12-13-2007 11:40 AM

is it 360? i havent heard anything about this, does it really stand out or is it typical action rpg style?

like alot of weapons/gear you can pickup? is there money and stuff you can buy? cities/towns with vendors?

jbot 12-13-2007 04:40 PM

no rpg here. just straight up action/adventure. the story follows conan on his quest to recover his armor(which each boss happens to have a piece of) and to kill an evil wizard that he had accidentally released from a containment spell.

the game hasn't had very much publicity(no commercials come to mind) and it hasn't been in any magazine ads either.

i'm currently on the final level and getting my butt handed to me by the head bad guy.

like i said, the fatal kill animations are cool and there's plenty of gore to entertain. did i mention there are some boobies shown? ya gotta love topless chicks in chains begging to be released!!!:D

Aldridge Fan 12-13-2007 11:12 PM

I thought about renting it one time but like you said, it never got any publicity. But I'll try it now! Love the movie!

jbot 12-14-2007 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
I thought about renting it one time but like you said, it never got any publicity. But I'll try it now! Love the movie!

cool. play it and tell me how u liked it.

glidedrxlr22 12-14-2007 05:51 PM

I was about to get it, but then I read the reviews. I'll probably rent it too. Settled on Mass Effect....haven't had much time to play it this busy month, but loving it so far.

jbot 12-14-2007 06:18 PM

i'm on the last boss and he ticks me off. there are different stages to beating him and i get frustrated. i turn it off when i feel i'm about to throw my controller.

IMAGINE 12-15-2007 02:18 AM

Conan is a terrible game and is a rip off of God of War.

jbot 12-15-2007 08:57 PM

eh, it's a good game. i wouldn't pay $60 for it though.:D