Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   If Miami wins the title, will Wade... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67)

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-03-2006 10:26 AM

If Miami wins the title, will Wade...
 
be the youngest player, who is the central part of the offense, to win a ring?

raekwon 06-03-2006 10:31 AM

Magic?

Juvenile 06-03-2006 10:32 AM

Magic in 1979. Centerpiece of the Lakers after Kareem went down in the finals.

Shogon 06-03-2006 10:33 AM

This thread title should read "If Miami wins the title, Wade will..."

And the answer is...

Become the most overrated player ever for a period of time of no less than 3 months.

Shaq is still that team's MVP, regardless of what anyone wants to say, and it has NOTHING to do with game 6. It has everything to do with the impact he has which can't even begin to be measured by statistics except in the WINS column.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-03-2006 10:34 AM

Re:
 
hmm okay so Wade will be the second one then.



i only started watching ball during the middle of the Bulls dynasty / Nets Petrovic era.

Juvenile 06-03-2006 10:36 AM

I agree Shogon, Wade right now is benefitting from the "SG next to Shaq"-Bonus. Both in reception of his play, as in him actually benefitting from Shaq making plays easy for him. He aint the scorer Kobe is, he aint the playmaker Penny was, but he merged qualities of them both in his play. He aint top 5, as many considered him this the last few weeks.

That said, he's playing at a lvl few guys that young were able to play at in the past.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-03-2006 10:38 AM

Re:
 
since Shaq is on the massive decline... you think there's any chance Wade will skip town?

Shogon 06-03-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juvenile
I agree Shogon, Wade right now is benefitting from the "SG next to Shaq"-Bonus. Both in reception of his play, as in him actually benefitting from Shaq making plays easy for him. He aint the scorer Kobe is, he aint the playmaker Penny was, but he merged qualities of them both in his play. He aint top 5, as many considered him this the last few weeks.

That said, he's playing at a lvl few guys that young were able to play at in the past.



I mean, yeah. Wade's a great player. Top 10 in the league, I'd say. But he is not the best player in the league, and he's not the MVP on his own team. Does Miami need him to win a title? Of course. But they need Shaq moreso.

People say Shaq has played with great sidekicks, and he has... but sooner or later, once the success keeps following the one common factor between said sidekicks, people just have to wake up and face reality. The Heat were a .500 ballclub over 20 games without Shaq. End of story.

Black Joker 06-03-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogon
This thread title should read "If Miami wins the title, Wade will..."

And the answer is...

Become the most overrated player ever for a period of time of no less than 3 months.



very true

WildStyle 06-03-2006 10:44 AM

Wade without Shaq = No finals
Shaq without Wade = No finals

They need both. That's all that matters.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-03-2006 10:54 AM

Re:
 
actually Shaq needs any slashin guard who can draw contact, draw double teams, hit jumpers.

I bet if Vince Carter were on the Heat in place of Wade, and Vince played like he gave a damn ALL the time, and not settle for outside jumpers all the time, then Vince would be in the Finals too.


or better yet, put Paul Pierce on the team and put him back at SG. Finals.


or put TMac on the team, Finals.

BFRESH44 06-03-2006 10:56 AM

The Facts:

Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade are equal integral parts of the Miami Heat.

Point Blank. Period.

Without Shaq, they is no conteding sucess

Without Wade, they is no contending sucess.

But, Shaq is the truly irreplaceable piece...

So yes when it all boils down too, This is "Shaq's team".

The one and most important thing is, they is no care or ego surrouding the "Who's team it is".

They just want to get it done...

And Wade is only overrated to people who get riled up based off a media perception and a couple of ignorant people...

The General concesus of Dwyane Wade is a top 7-10 player, and top 3 perimeter/SG type player.

Shogon 06-03-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
actually Shaq needs any slashin guard who can draw contact, draw double teams, hit jumpers.

I bet if Vince Carter were on the Heat in place of Wade, and Vince played like he gave a damn ALL the time, and not settle for outside jumpers all the time, then Vince would be in the Finals too.


or better yet, put Paul Pierce on the team and put him back at SG. Finals.


or put TMac on the team, Finals.


That's true, but how many bigs could you put on the Heat in place of Shaq and be guaranteed a Finals? Pretty much nobody.

Maybe Duncan... maybe. And that's it.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 06-03-2006 11:00 AM

Re:
 
which is why Shaq is more important to the team.


but my original post was not tryin to claim Wade was the MVP of the team. merely asking if he would be the youngest to win a ring bein the central part of the offense. And I guess Magic trumps that

AmazingWade 06-03-2006 11:05 AM

If Miami wins the Title who do you think gets Finals MVP? Wade or Shaq?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy