Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Jamaal Magloire to Blazers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6810)

AIR SETH 07-29-2006 07:24 PM

Jamaal Magloire to Blazers

"The long-awaited trade of Jamaal Magloire is all but official. The Bucks have verbally agreed to deal the veteran center to the Portland Trail Blazers for guard Steve Blake, forward Brian Skinner and center Ha Seung-Jin. The teams have been talking for the last several weeks, with the only holdup being the Blazers' reluctance to depart with Blake, who had been the team's starting point guard last season." Racine Journal Times

http://insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

fatboy11 07-29-2006 07:27 PM

Gave him away.

boshraptor4life 07-29-2006 07:27 PM

This leaves the Bucks with some good depth at pg and up front. In Portland, the deal makes no sense. They get like the 4th Center on their roster, after throwing money at Pryzbilla and already paying LaFrentz ridiculous money and drafting Aldridge. Also, now they only have Jack as their last pure PG after trading Blake and Telfair. Blake will probably see big time at the point next to Redd also.

hotsizzle 07-29-2006 07:28 PM

well this is pretty dump for bucks considering lakers offered them mihm and a filler, which I think is alot better than the deal blazers are doin

browntown 07-29-2006 07:33 PM

I think Randolph might be traded soon and put Lamarcus as there pf. Thats just my fealing I could be wrong.

Kobe24 07-29-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsizzle
well this is pretty dump for bucks considering lakers offered them mihm and a filler, which I think is alot better than the deal blazers are doin

really? Where did you hear that?

fatboy11 07-29-2006 07:35 PM

I don't think they'll be able to trade Miles or Randolph until they give a good showing during the season.

Voice of Reason 07-29-2006 07:35 PM

Dump him for nothing? Wow nice. Guess they figured if teams werent gonna give them much in return to rent a player. Might as well dump him to a crap team so no one can benefit from having him.

joe lucky 07-29-2006 07:36 PM

Doesn't make sense to me for the Blazers or Magloire. Blazers have Przbilla and Aldridge who they should be developing fast rather than bringing in a vet albeit a solid one. Magloire is going from a playoff team to a lottery bound rebuilding season in Portland I'm sure theres going to be some discontent in that regard. Lucky for him he won't be there that long.

hawkfan 07-29-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe lucky
Doesn't make sense to me for the Blazers or Magloire. Blazers have Przbilla and Aldridge who they should be developing fast rather than bringing in a vet albeit a solid one. Magloire is going from a playoff team to a lottery bound rebuilding season in Portland I'm sure theres going to be some discontent in that regard. Lucky for him he won't be there that long.

Milwaukee has just given him away for a bunch of reserves.

Doesn't make sense, unless he was a real locker room problem.

There was no reason not to wait until later in the summer or even during the season.

Portland has dramatically improved their team this summer: Aldridge, Roy, LaFrentz, Magliore, keeping Pryzbilla.

I wonder if Randolph is on his way out.

hawkfan 07-29-2006 07:42 PM

The Hawks could have offered Childress, Lue, a trade exception, and salary cap relief.

I wonder why the Hawks didn't do that - unless it was just for monetary reasons, or Billy Knight just flat out sucks as a GM.

browntown 07-29-2006 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
I don't think they'll be able to trade Miles or Randolph until they give a good showing during the season.

True, Also both those player have been injuired for long periods of last season.

dak121 07-29-2006 07:44 PM

So who's going to make the playoffs in Milwaukee's place now?

Right now I'm leaning towards the Magic.

Zombles 07-29-2006 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
They get like the 4th Center on their roster, after throwing money at Pryzbilla and already paying LaFrentz ridiculous money and drafting Aldridge.

Aldridge isn't a center.

But I think we're all missing the important part of this trade.

HA

brwnman 07-29-2006 07:46 PM

Ha is going to be the best player in the nba very very very very very very very soon...