Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Utah Jazz Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rose or Q-Rich?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6818)

Bricklayer 07-29-2006 08:05 PM

Rose or Q-Rich??

Word is, if Jeffries lands with the Knicks, Jalen Rose or Quentin Richardson could become expendable... I like both of these guys and I think either one of em could solidify our gap at the 2 spot. Although Q has an emerging history of injury, I'm hoping he could return to his glory days he had with the Suns. And Rose has always been a pretty good player. I could be wrong, but I thought the Jazz were once interested in getting Rose some time ago...

wally_world 07-29-2006 11:53 PM

Q... duh... Rose is old and his contract is :hammerhead: :cry: :confusedshrug:

Q shoots as well as Rose... Q's a swingman... Q rebounds great... Q is cool...

Rab 07-30-2006 01:53 AM

I would take Q because of contract reasons. If he brings his post up game back, he would be a lot better.

insidehoops 07-30-2006 02:00 AM

Q-Rich makes too much, but he's better than jalen at this point

lowblok 07-30-2006 04:54 AM

I agree with ISH. Maybe last year I'd be jumpnig for joy at the prospect of getting either one but now, not so sure. Our team is at the let's wait and see stage because of the potential it has right now.

sixty 07-30-2006 06:57 AM

I don't know why, but I can't see Sloan-Richardson realationship working out.

nerdsunite 07-30-2006 08:08 AM

Rose is a talented player and wants the ball at the end of games but in no way is he worth 16 million a year. That old indiana contract as made him a rich rich man, glad Thomas took the contract of our hands...by our i mean the Raptors, and thanks for taking Arrujio, your gonna love em...

marny_navis 07-30-2006 03:08 PM

I'd take Q. I don't think either will land in Utah, however. I think you guys should go after Paul Pierce. He will give you a scoring option for the first time since Malone, and will finally get you possibly into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Jazz receive:
Paul Pierce, F/G

Celtics receive:
Andrei Kirilenko, F
Rafael Araujo, C/F

cyco127 07-30-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
I'd take Q. I don't think either will land in Utah, however. I think you guys should go after Paul Pierce. He will give you a scoring option for the first time since Malone, and will finally get you possibly into the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Jazz receive:
Paul Pierce, F/G

Celtics receive:
Andrei Kirilenko, F
Rafael Araujo, C/F

Two Words: NO WAY.

marny_navis 07-30-2006 05:17 PM

Tell me why it sucks, i won't get mad.

Bricklayer 07-30-2006 07:44 PM

Actually, I love Paul Pierce. He grew up where I lived in Inglewood and he's pretty much a legend there. I would trade anyone else on the Jazz to get him, but Kirilenko does too much for us. If he leaves, there goes 50% of our defense. However, the Phoenix's and Dallas's of the world do just fine by overpowering teams with offense, so I really don't think our win-loss total would be affected too much with that trade. Why would you want Araujo???

cyco127 07-30-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Tell me why it sucks, i won't get mad.

AK47 will most likely have to demand a trade before the Jazz would trade him.
Andrei has yet to reach his full potential, I believe Pierce has. The drop in defense would completely overshadow the few extra points that Pierce would provide.

boshraptor4life 07-30-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Q-Rich makes too much, but he's better than jalen at this point

I disagree with you. I believe Q-Rich is a system player, like he needs to be in a fast tempo system like he was in in phoenix for his game to be at it's best. Jalen I beleive still has some game left in him, he is capable of playing the 1, 2 and the 3. He can still take over games too, like he did against the Knicks this year when he dropped around 30 on and one's and threes and everything. Just my opinion. Also, if Utah could ship Boozer out and get Rose in return, they'd have massive cap relief after the season as Jalen's 16+ mill comes off the books.

lowblok 07-30-2006 11:18 PM

Why trade a potential all-star (Boozer) for a one and done season from an overpaid vet. Rose doesn't give the low post threat the Jazz offense thrives on. Boozer will have his best years in a Jazz uniform and nowhere else!

Rapsfan4life 07-30-2006 11:54 PM

I agree, hold on to boozer and see what happens. It may not be the best time to start trading for expiring contracts. I think the Jazz can have a solid year and Boozer will be an important part.