Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trade Rumor Swirling For The Heat (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72029)

wadeshaqcook 01-19-2008 06:40 PM

Trade Rumor Swirling For The Heat

Wally Szczerbiak and teammates Earl Watson and Luke Ridnour have been linked to possible deals a trend that will continue until the Feb. 21 deadline passes. Sources said the latest Szczerbiak and Watson to Miami for guards Jason Williams and Ricky Davis and forward Dorell Wright is unlikely. Yet the Sonics, looking to clear cap space for another busy offseason building the team, could be in the market to unload hefty contracts

Szczerbiak is the team's highest-paid player, due $15 million during the next two seasons. Watson is contracted through 2010; he makes $5.8 million this season, $6.2 million next season and $6.6 million the season after

Jason Williams ($8.9 million) and Ricky Davis ($6.8 million) have contracts that expire at season's end, and Wright, a promising third-year player, has a qualifying offer of $2.4 million next year. Seattle Times

Seattle Times

What do u think about this trade?

ThyGreatOne 01-20-2008 08:50 AM

Re: Trade Rumor Swirling For The Heat

the MIA HEAT need to do something they are a train wreck!

Wadeaminute 01-20-2008 06:51 PM

we should stop thinking that we can make a push and stop taking on contracts. We should just wait till the drat.

wadeshaqcook 01-20-2008 09:18 PM

I think that it would be a trade but with out dorrel wright because he a defencive monster.

BBall Allstar 01-21-2008 01:49 PM

I think they should make a trade, as fast as possible. But I don't think it's such a good idea to trade Ricky Davis!
They should trade Jason Williams

alexthegod 01-21-2008 07:16 PM

This would be a HORRIBLE trade for Miami. Your just adding dead weight that cannot be removed. Wadeaminute is right, let the contracts exipre.

I can't see how that rumor has any legs at all, thats wishfull thinking on the part of Seattle

stewen12 01-22-2008 10:17 AM

they shouldnt do it. Wally is not worth that money and Earl Watson is not that much better than j will

stewen12 01-28-2008 09:19 AM

heat are getting ripped off

mhg88 02-03-2008 04:08 PM

I'd be worried about giving anything up for Wally Szczerbiak. The guy used to hit 3's but there's a reason he's been traded so many times. He's injury prone, not dependable, and fairly old. The exact opposite of what we need. Ridnour and Watson are both non-factors. It's a bad trade.

Ryansrams 02-05-2008 02:58 PM

If I were the heat it would be a done deal, both solid point guards a no brainer

MrEncinas 02-05-2008 09:02 PM

Wally isn't a contract the Heat need to take on right now. This teamis filled with horrible contracts and we have two maybe three players that can help bring this team back to the top.

mhg88 02-06-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryansrams
If I were the heat it would be a done deal, both solid point guards a no brainer

Wally a point guard? :oldlol:

Wadeaminute 02-06-2008 09:47 PM

I think he meant luke ridnour and earl watson

mhg88 02-08-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wadeaminute
I think he meant luke ridnour and earl watson

You're right I read that wrong :hammerhead:

But in any case this trade isn't good :oldlol:

Wadeaminute 02-09-2008 12:31 PM

yeah, and I doubt it will be happening now.