Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Atlanta Hawks Depth Chart (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7232)

Drck33 08-02-2006 07:54 PM

Atlanta Hawks Depth Chart

PG Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue, Royal Ivey
SG Joe Johnson, Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Grundy (FA), Donta Smith (FA)
SF Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington (FA)
PF Marvin Williams, Esteban Batista, Solomon Jones
C Shelden Williams, Zaza Pachulia, John Edwards

The ones that I would question are the PF/C starters. I mean, you could put the Williamses together, or Marvin and Zaza, or Shelden or Zaza or even start josh smith at pf. But besides that, I think everything is right for now. If the pacers deal is done ,(for Harrington), I heard that Edwards could be moved, leaving only 12 players under contract. Anyone else? ( And if it was up to me, I would sign Grundy because he was killing in the D-League.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-02-2006 11:38 PM

hawks are going to be a very scary team in the future

SecondFiddle 08-03-2006 12:10 AM

Grundy, Smith and Harrington are not on the team, and Marvin Williams should only start between the 2nd and 4th weeks of July.

T21 08-04-2006 09:19 AM

I think we have a very nice foundation and a very athletic roster. I also like the chemistry on our team. 1 through 3 we are well balanced and deep, but my only concern is that missing link - true center (hopefuly Camby or Magloire)! I don't know why people position Shelden at 5 spot, because he is a classic "Old fashion" PF, like Charles Oakley or Grant Long, who had a decent spell with the Hawks. He is only 6'8 - 6'9, plus he is a rookie... so let's be realistic, we can't expect him to play center for us. He could serve as a center during spells when we have a small line-up on the court. Bottom-line, true center would round-up our team and give us legit shot at playoffs!

Czar 08-04-2006 10:44 AM

I still only think the Hawks are only solid at 3 positions.

Rapsfan4life 08-04-2006 09:56 PM

i think this team need to make a couple more moves to solidify the front court. This team has a bright future with good pieces

albertpujols 08-04-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T21
I think we have a very nice foundation and a very athletic roster. I also like the chemistry on our team. 1 through 3 we are well balanced and deep, but my only concern is that missing link - true center (hopefuly Camby or Magloire)! I don't know why people position Shelden at 5 spot, because he is a classic "Old fashion" PF, like Charles Oakley or Grant Long, who had a decent spell with the Hawks. He is only 6'8 - 6'9, plus he is a rookie... so let's be realistic, we can't expect him to play center for us. He could serve as a center during spells when we have a small line-up on the court. Bottom-line, true center would round-up our team and give us legit shot at playoffs!

Sheldon is certainly not center material. Not only that though, they need another missing position = experience.

Drck33 08-06-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Grundy, Smith and Harrington are not on the team, and Marvin Williams should only start between the 2nd and 4th weeks of July.

Thast why they're free agents. The team that they were last with is the team I put them on.

Here's a updated depth chart.
PG Speedy Claxton, Tyronn Lue, Royal Ivey
SG Joe Johnson, Salim Stoudamire, Anthony Grundy (FA), Donta Smith (FA)
SF Josh Smith, Josh Childress, Al Harrington (FA)
PF Zaza Pachulia, Marvin Willams, Esteban Batista, Solomon Jones
C Lorenzen Wright, Shelden Williams, John Edwards

I heard rumors that the Hawks signed Wright to a two-year deal. So he'll probably start a few games before the Hawks realize how underacheiving he is. I also have a problem putting Shelden as a backup 5 knowing that he's a true PF. You also could put Marvin as a backup3 and Childress as a backup2.

qwerty 08-07-2006 04:13 PM

Thats gonna really be a good team in the future if they can keep all their young players, but I still don't think that Speedy is a good starting PG, he's more of a spark off the bench.

Rapsfan4life 08-07-2006 10:57 PM

they are heading in the right direction. I dont know if this year is for them, but give them a year or two and they will go places

AtlHawks 08-08-2006 12:32 PM

Here is my depth chart.

C-Zaza/Wright/Batista
F-Smith/Shelden/Solomon
F-Williams/Childress
G-Joe/Salim
G-Speedy/Lue/Ivey

I like the look at the starting lineup. The 2nd unit should be able to hold its own now with Wright on board.

ZHAKIDD532 08-08-2006 12:43 PM

why does almost no one like ZaZa, he's the man...and Tyronne Lue is a bum

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Czar
I still only think the Hawks are only solid at 3 positions.

Yup SG,SF,C. Speedy needs to improve his offensive game more this season, if he does that this team could be a 30-40 wins team.

Finn T-Mac 08-09-2006 11:09 AM

Here's my depth chart.
PG Speedy Claxton, Royal Ivey, Tyronn Lue
SG Joe Johnson, Salim Stoudamire
SF Josh Smith, Josh Childress
PF Marvin Willams, Shelden Williams, Esteban Batista, Solomon Jones
C Lorenzen Wright, Zaza Pachulia

Hawks needed veteran center and they got it in Wright. Josh has all potential and I think Marv has the potential to be the best of the hawks (in the long run) if he gets playing time, starting time, this season.

Here's the fun part. If the hawks get a good start to the upcoming season, like win 4 and lose like 1, They are going to be fun to watch untill couple of months in, then their experience, or lack of, will show and they finnish the season out of playoffs. But after next season they are going to be better.