Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Portland Trail Blazers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Jamal Macgoire (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7283)

Rabs_One 08-03-2006 08:25 AM

Jamal Macgoire

probably spelt wrong, but still had to be asked, Whattya reckon bout the trade, cant be wrong on this side

marny_navis 08-03-2006 02:29 PM

I didn't think the trade was terrible, but you guys gave up way too much. Steve Blake would be a solid backup PG for you; he can shoot and pass well, and I believe Ha Seung Jin could be your next Yao, and I stick by those words. Brian Skinner is a solid backup who can do the dirty work for you, and you let him go as well. You get a starting Center in return, but you gave up way too much depth and potential. I think you could get 13-10 from Magloire, but now you jeopordized your bench, particularly at PG. Magloire will at least give you a nice third or fourth scoring option, but I think a Steve Blake for Jamaal Magloire trade would be much better; that way you would keep a solid rotation inside, and would just have to sign a free agent PG to replace Blake. Your loss though. You can compete down low with Magloire and Aldridge, though, that's a start. Hopefully I'm wrong about this trade, b/c I love what you guys have been doing with your franchise since the draft.

lakerfreak 08-03-2006 06:44 PM

Yall got some great depth this year and will look to do better.
But Yall need to lose Darius Miles he is the only thing keeping you guys from the playoffs.

GoRapz 08-04-2006 01:02 AM

doesn't make any sence for Portland until I see more moves. they gave up young players, which is what the future is over there, for another C. 4 C's in their calibre's now. Not a bad thing, just doesnt make sence as of now.

bigboi_baller 08-04-2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabs_One
probably spelt wrong, but still had to be asked, Whattya reckon bout the trade, cant be wrong on this side

:stupid: macgoire?! thats not even close..... where the hell does the 'C' come from? lol

The Italian 08-04-2006 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
But Yall need to lose Darius Miles he is the only thing keeping you guys from the playoffs.

There is more keeping them from the playoffs then Miles. I agree though that they need to get rid of him.

shafir 08-05-2006 07:48 AM

They should trade both Randolph and Miles for 1st round rookie picks.

ZHAKIDD532 08-05-2006 02:53 PM

a lot of these moves they're making don't seem to compliment each other or make sense when made together. They did get some good players though in Roy, Aldridge and Magloire...

Dirtyboy 08-05-2006 06:55 PM

I believe Portland picked up Magloire in order to make a move later in the season. It seems silly that they would make so much effort to re-sign Przybilla and then pick up two more centers who were starters for their previous clubs. With Magloire only having one year left on his deal it would seem to make sense that he would be thrown into a Miles/Randolph deal as is being rumored. What they really need is to pick up another shooter/scorer for the SF position. Outlaw is a very tall, lean, and quick F, but not a good post player or shooter (but he can sure dunk like a mutha).

benisjamin33 08-09-2006 09:01 PM

I think it was a good trade because if it doesn't work out for the blazers with jamaal he has an expiring contract and if portland has a falling out with any of the other big men on the team then they can keep him because he is a double double guy.

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Whatever you do dont trade him for Quentin Richardson. You'll regret it later. The only thing he can do is complain about his playing time.

benisjamin33 08-10-2006 02:14 AM

it would just be great just to get rid of miles for fcking anyone because we have some good core young guys that just need to get some playing time