Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hughes for Bibby (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7343)

Legend 08-03-2006 06:59 PM

Hughes for Bibby

Kings should trade Bibby and a 2nd round pick for Hughes and Snow or Shannon Brown

bigboi_baller 08-03-2006 07:10 PM

WHy? The kings would lose a good PG. They would pick up a SG which they dont really need because of kevin martin and garcia.

This trade is pointless for the Kings

fan_since_85 08-03-2006 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend
Kings should trade Bibby and a 2nd round pick for Hughes and Snow or Shannon Brown

God no that would be garbage!!

lebron_zoom 08-03-2006 09:11 PM

I will dance with a tutu on in a crowded area if the kings even CONSIDER that trade

The Italian 08-04-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
WHy? The kings would lose a good PG. They would pick up a SG which they dont really need because of kevin martin and garcia.

This trade is pointless for the Kings

Co-sign.

GoRapz 08-04-2006 01:04 AM

Trade doesn't make no sence.

Why trade the top player, top scorer, for a second tier player, second option?

There's no need for the Kings to trade to get worse unless they're rebuilding.

bigboi_baller 08-04-2006 07:04 PM

pretty sure artest is the kings top player and first option and on a tier above bibby

wally_world 08-05-2006 03:58 AM

you mean Hughes for Kevin Martin??? maybe even not! Hughes slacks... Martin's better... :pimp:

bigboi_baller 08-05-2006 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
you mean Hughes for Kevin Martin??? maybe even not! Hughes slacks... Martin's better... :pimp:

i think this was a joke, right?
I would trade hughes for kevin martin but of course salary and stuff would never work

Kiss Murder 08-05-2006 05:07 PM

Die regretting the time you lost...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
i think this was a joke, right?
I would trade hughes for kevin martin but of course salary and stuff would never work

What? You would trade a future piece of our franchise for Larry Hughes? Kevin is by far a better shooter, only thing Larry has on Kevin is defense..

bigboi_baller 08-05-2006 06:56 PM

If you think solely of the future, yes kevin has a ton of upside but so does hughes. Hughes is only 26/27, plays commendable D, and had that great yr in washngton. He was hurt a lot last year, so everyone is down on him right now. The kings need to make a move in the present because artest, bibby, shareef, and bmill are all closing in or have hit 30.

IMO Kevin needs to get a lot stronger/bigger (like to a TMac kinda body size) to be the future of a franchise, if he doesn't he will end up like Hughes-- an allmost allstar at best. Kevin is a good scorer, but he is fairly weak on D and he should rebound a bit better with all that athleticism but you can blame that on lack of strength and experience.

wally_world 08-06-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

If you think solely of the future, yes kevin has a ton of upside but so does hughes. Hughes is only 26/27, plays commendable D, and had that great yr in washngton. He was hurt a lot last year, so everyone is down on him right now. The kings need to make a move in the present because artest, bibby, shareef, and bmill are all closing in or have hit 30.

IMO Kevin needs to get a lot stronger/bigger (like to a TMac kinda body size) to be the future of a franchise, if he doesn't he will end up like Hughes-- an allmost allstar at best. Kevin is a good scorer, but he is fairly weak on D and he should rebound a bit better with all that athleticism but you can blame that on lack of strength and experience.

Kevin Martin and Hughes are pretty much equal overall... only the salary... Martin needs more playing time... Hughes need less...

different107 08-06-2006 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend

i wouldn't but thats just me

Kiss Murder 08-06-2006 03:09 PM

angel of death...sing my sorrows away...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
Kevin Martin and Hughes are pretty much equal overall... only the salary... Martin needs more playing time... Hughes need less...

Yeah, I agree..Kevin is pretty skinny but he is slightly cut for his body structure...he just needs to build more muscle mass..

KF4L 08-06-2006 03:59 PM

Hughes is an injury prone player. He is also extremely overpaid. Bibby is a good fit for Sacremento's system, but I don't know if he would do well on the Cavs being a second option behind Lebron