Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Ira Newble (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75117)

mlh1981 02-09-2008 09:17 AM

Ira Newble
 
Thought on the guy? He's really stepped it up for is in the absence of..............our whole team. Everyone knew that he could play good defense, but he's been stepping up his game offensively as well. When everyone comes back healthy, where does Ira fit in the rotation?

Mathius 02-09-2008 01:36 PM

Re: Ira Newble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Thought on the guy? He's really stepped it up for is in the absence of..............our whole team. Everyone knew that he could play good defense, but he's been stepping up his game offensively as well. When everyone comes back healthy, where does Ira fit in the rotation?


Look up some of my posts if you want. I've been lobbying for this guy to play more for 2 years.

He didn't play a lick during Mike Brown's first season, and in season 2, with Larry Hughes playing so bad, I said why not give him a chance?

Last year when Lebron went down, Mike Brown dusted Ira off and started him off all things, and I think he finished with 21 points. I KNOW he hit 6 three pointers in that game.

Mike Brown's substitution patterns are disgusting. He'll sit a guy for 6 weeks and then when someone gets injured, he'll put them in his place because he "doesn't want to mess with his rotation".

The guy is an f'ing idiot who needs to be replaced.

Anyways, enough Mike Brown ranting.

I'm not sure if Ira's defense is as good as advertised, or if that's just the local angle, but I can say with all surety that in the games I've seen him play, his offense has improved by leaps and bounds.

I have so much faith in his improved game, that I'd even go out on a limb and say if he had had a chance to step in last season and play bigger minutes, he might be able to live up to that contract.

I don't think the guy was ready to start and have the pressure of that big contract on him when he played under Silas, but I think he'd make a fine 6th man now, if not a starter. He's definitely an improvement over Hughes right now.

I don't care how many good games Hughes has had lately, he's still 1 in 10 for showing up, and shooting something in the 30's. Its disgusting for a 'shooting guard'. I think the guy has serious mental issues. Remember last year when he said he was more comfortable at point guard because he felt when he was playing "shooting guard" he had to shoot jumpers? :rolleyes:

Mathius

Black Joker 02-09-2008 02:36 PM

Re: Ira Newble
 
well considering mike brown is like never ever ever gonna sit hughes unless he is hurt. Newble should be like the 7th man when we're back to being healthy, as he can play a variety of positions, from shooting guard to being able to fill in for a PF.

Mathius 02-09-2008 02:53 PM

Re: Ira Newble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Joker
well considering mike brown is like never ever ever gonna sit hughes unless he is hurt. Newble should be like the 7th man when we're back to being healthy, as he can play a variety of positions, from shooting guard to being able to fill in for a PF.


Ira Newble should in no way, shape, or form, be playing PF. He's something like 6'7" tops?

He plays some PF for us because Mike Brown is too stupid to give Dwayne Jones and/or Cedric Simmons a shot, and injuries have depleted the position for us.

Which is asinine, considering we traded to acquire both of those players. It's good that we gave up other players to get them, and then don't even see what we have.

Mike Brown is obviously one of those coaches who thinks that the way people handle themselves in practice is exactly how they're going to handle themselves in a game. At least that's all I can think of. And it's a stupid theory.

Mathius

Black Joker 02-10-2008 01:52 AM

Re: Ira Newble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathius
Ira Newble should in no way, shape, or form, be playing PF. He's something like 6'7" tops?

He plays some PF for us because Mike Brown is too stupid to give Dwayne Jones and/or Cedric Simmons a shot, and injuries have depleted the position for us.

Which is asinine, considering we traded to acquire both of those players. It's good that we gave up other players to get them, and then don't even see what we have.

Mike Brown is obviously one of those coaches who thinks that the way people handle themselves in practice is exactly how they're going to handle themselves in a game. At least that's all I can think of. And it's a stupid theory.

Mathius


well yeah, newble technically shouldn't be playin PF, but the thread started asked where he should be in our rotation, so i just took into account Mike Brown's thinking, which is moronic. lol.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy