Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   trade wally (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75691)

RainierBeachPoet 02-13-2008 01:09 PM

trade wally

my guess is that the sonics would prefer to have his contract expire than to get other players at this point

plus, who else would we get to laugh at?

The question is, as the Feb. 21 trade deadline approaches, is whether Wally Szczerbiak will be a hired gun for a playoff-contending team or continue his role as veteran leader for the youthful and retooling Sonics. Szczerbiak is split. Less than a month from his 31st birthday, Szczerbiak expresses a desire to play on a winning team, especially after years of team failures in Minnesota and two losing years with Boston. Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Szczerbiak earns $12 million this season and $13 million the next. Trading Szczerbiak would be a difficult endeavor because the Sonics likely would have to take back multiple players in return to match salaries or another veteran with a weighty contract. Seattle is looking to clear salary cap space for the future and get younger, making it a difficult trade partner, especially with Szczerbiak's contract. Yet the question is whether the organization would want Szczerbiak for another 1 1/2 seasons, fully realizing he'd rather play for a winner. Seattle Post-Intelligencer

kshutts1 02-13-2008 05:51 PM

Re: trade wally

Bulls fan here..

I'll give you Ben Wallace and Tyrus Thomas for Wally and Collison

Wallace has a crappy contract, but his expires a year later than Wally's, which is GOOD for you, because it's the same year that Durant and Green are up for extensions. Much easier to take the money then than it is to save it for a year, ya know?

Likewise, TT is an uber-athlete that should be an important part of a rebuilding team (Sonics) that has two future studs that love to get out and run (durant and green). He would be a player that can get up and down the court.. imagine the heaven a PG would be in if he had Durant on one wing and TT on the other during a fast break?

What do you think?

1982 02-13-2008 07:04 PM

hahaha no way I'd take that thanks mate.

No real market for him imo. You might be able to steal someone like Ricky Buckets but I doubt it now Riley is tanking. Just keep him.

RainierBeachPoet 02-13-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshutts1
Bulls fan here..

Wallace has a crappy contract, but his expires a year later than Wally's, which is GOOD for you, because it's the same year that Durant and Green are up for extensions. Much easier to take the money then than it is to save it for a year, ya know?

Likewise, TT is an uber-athlete that should be an important part of a rebuilding team (Sonics) that has two future studs that love to get out and run (durant and green). He would be a player that can get up and down the court.. imagine the heaven a PG would be in if he had Durant on one wing and TT on the other during a fast break?

What do you think?

collison is one of the most underrated players in the league and i like him with the sonics

thanks but no thanks

marny_navis 02-23-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Bulls fan here..

What do you think?

Ben Wallace kills that trade. No way in hell Seattle takes on that big of a contract, and it might also sacrifice any hopes of getting a top three pick.

1982 03-02-2008 05:07 AM

Well Rainier, now you'll have to make do with laughing at Donyell jack up airballs.

RainierBeachPoet 03-03-2008 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1982
Well Rainier, now you'll have to make do with laughing at Donyell jack up airballs.

i would trade donyell for jackie moon-- just for the entertainment value

shaoyut 05-02-2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Bulls fan here..

What do you think?

sonics dont need him they r trying to save money and get young players