Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   San Antonio Spurs Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Why did the Spurs fail in the playoffs? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=757)

insidehoops 06-08-2006 08:55 PM

Why did the Spurs fail in the playoffs?

What were the Spurs missing to put them over the top this season?

bracer028 06-08-2006 08:57 PM

how about something that no one can find an answer to resolve....

young age

Unregistered 06-08-2006 08:57 PM

the ran into the mavericks

AKADS 06-08-2006 08:57 PM

Its the decline of the Spurs.

Duncan is loosing his health.
Manu has taken a beating.
Tony is not a superstar.
Old role players.

This team will be back for one or two more yrs.

IMO Manu is goin to be a Grant Hill/Eddie Jones cotract in a few yrs.

joewait 06-08-2006 08:58 PM

my boys were too good. Dirk is the best player in the world and is on a mission. My boys will win it all

Jerm 06-08-2006 08:58 PM

Jeff, this is off topic. Can you create a game thread for today's finals game and let the sticky thread be just for the series as a whole because it's going to get flooded quickly as soon as the game starts?

bigkingsfan 06-08-2006 09:01 PM

They were right 30 seconds away, bonehead play by Ginboli, they just need an athletic big and they'll be back next year.

TheReturnofCed 06-08-2006 09:05 PM

Smartest move the could do is try and get their hands on Stephon MArbury.

Trade Tony Parker for Marbury and Lee.

Isiah would do it.

Then shop Nestorovic. Try and get an athletic defensive big. Dalembert would be perfect if they could get him.

Maybe a Dalembert and Iverson combo (and forget about Marbury)

bigkingsfan 06-08-2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Smartest move the could do is try and get their hands on Stephon MArbury.

Trade Tony Parker for Marbury and Lee.

Isiah would do it.

:roll: Only a knicks fan would say something like that.

bracer028 06-08-2006 09:08 PM

salary don't even match

its marbury for parker and urdich that makes it even

Spurs3 06-08-2006 09:11 PM

they barely beat us. id say b/c jt and dh gave us a lot of trouble, unexpectedly/surprisingly. and we had no answer for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joewait
my boys were too good. Dirk is the best player in the world and is on a mission. My boys will win it all

or this... :bowdown:

TheReturnofCed 06-08-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
:roll: Only a knicks fan would say something like that.

Yes I just love those Knicks. :applause:

Celtics fan reporting here.

Chamberlain 06-08-2006 10:16 PM

I don't think there was anything wrong with this team at all. They just got outplayed slightly. They were close, and they probably would have beaten the Suns too, and who knows against the Heat. Whether its Heat/Mavs or Heat/Spurs its gonna go a long way and be a great series.

Unregistered 06-08-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKADS
Its the decline of the Spurs.

Duncan is loosing his health.

Yeah, Tim sure looked to be in poor health in whoring the Mavs for 30-10 a game.

robingirl80 06-08-2006 11:26 PM

I think it was a combination of a few things. First, the injuries throughout the season to TD and Manu really hurt them. They just never seemed to get the team into a steady flow. Tim was finally starting to come around in the playoffs but Manu was still very inconsistent.

Secondly, the Spurs seemed to let Dallas dictate the style of the games moreso than any other series I've seen them play. Yes, the Spurs ran with the Suns last year but at the home games they tended to play more the Spurs style. There weren't really any games in the Dallas series that looked like the Spurs imposing their will.

Finally, I think there were just a few unlucky bounces and some slips in the concentration of the players. Let's face it, with the exception of Game 2, the games were extremely close. A play going a different way here or there means a completely different outcome.

Robin