Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   can bosh develop a three point shot (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768)

hotsizzle 06-08-2006 10:16 PM

can bosh develop a three point shot
 
his size and physique show that hes capable of shooting long range. anyone think if he works at it enough, he can develop a decent three point shot.

Fatal9 06-08-2006 10:18 PM

He could but he shouldn't. He is already too perimeter oriented - sort of worries me. The last thing he needs is to get farther away from the basket.

TheReturnofCed 06-08-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotsizzle
his size and physique show that hes capable of shooting long range. anyone think if he works at it enough, he can develop a decent three point shot.


He doesn't need one. It would detract from his game.

I haven't seen any power forward that plays i na comparable style to Bosh, he looks bloody hard to guard. No reason to turn him into Sam Perkins.

bracer028 06-08-2006 10:21 PM

he doesn't need it...

he just needs a 16-18 footer

wang4three 06-08-2006 11:37 PM

Bosh needs to play big more. During the Nets game this year, they stuck Richard Jefferson on him and Bosh got stopped.

geeWiz15 06-09-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

He could but he shouldn't. He is already too perimeter oriented - sort of worries me. The last thing he needs is to get farther away from the basket.
I disagree. He doesn't have the body to play on the low block, pretty much everything Bosh does is from 15-18 feet. Why shouldn't he develop the capability to hit an open three? It's not like he'd take more than 2 or 3 in a game. I don't think he should become a three point shooter, because his go-to zone should be the midrange, but having the ability would be good for a player such as him. You need to make them honor you if you catch it at the 3 line or you'll just pass it off and lose the scoring opportunity that can come from having a center have to step all the way out to the 3 line against a much faster player.

Fatal9 06-09-2006 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I disagree. He doesn't have the body to play on the low block, pretty much everything Bosh does is from 15-18 feet. Why shouldn't he develop the capability to hit an open three? It's not like he'd take more than 2 or 3 in a game. I don't think he should become a three point shooter, because his go-to zone should be the midrange, but having the ability would be good for a player such as him. You need to make them honor you if you catch it at the 3 line or you'll just pass it off and lose the scoring opportunity that can come from having a center have to step all the way out to the 3 line against a much faster player.


He doesn't have the body to play on the block but that doesn't mean he can't get to the basket. Over the season Bosh has gone away from driving in because he is getting good at making the 15 foot jumper. The more he does that, the more inconsistent he will get. Why should he settle for jump shots when he can drive in and get fouled (which happens a lot to him because of his frame, I bet he is top 10 in free throws attempted which is rare for a PF) or blow by the defender. WHY should he develop a three point shot when he can get a higher % shot at ease. There is no point to it, if anything Bosh needs to be more aggresive and needs to utilize his quickness even more.

Orealius 06-09-2006 12:28 AM

I don't want Bosh shooting 3's.

fatboy11 06-09-2006 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal9
He could but he shouldn't. He is already too perimeter oriented - sort of worries me. The last thing he needs is to get farther away from the basket.

I can't really add to that.

Said it best, "He could but he shouldn't."

kwajo 06-09-2006 12:41 AM

I've said it a million times, if Bosh starts shooting 3s regularly, I'll take the next train to Toronto and slap him myself.

fatboy11 06-09-2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
I've said it a million times, if Bosh starts shooting 3s regularly, I'll take the next train to Toronto and slap him myself.

Holla.:roll:

Sham 06-09-2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwajo
I've said it a million times, if Bosh starts shooting 3s regularly, I'll take the next train to Toronto and slap him myself.


They have trains in Newfoundland?

DoubleTech 06-09-2006 01:36 AM

hah
 
most of the people in this thread share the same views as i do on this matter. bosh needs to stay more in the post, keep attacking, keep driving, and let that open up his jumpers. 3's are a waste of time with Bosh, they already have charlie and need an established scorer in the paint. :banana:

Shogon 06-09-2006 01:38 AM

Hopefully he does start to develop a 3 point shot and hopefully he falls in love with it and that's all he does. Just makes it that much easier, not that we'll need it in a few years, for the Magic.

hotsizzle 06-09-2006 01:38 AM

sure bosh should be a post player, but how is adding anothr dimension to his game a bad thing??


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy