Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77012)

loot 02-21-2008 08:18 AM

Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

This is OFFICIAL:

http://www.insidehoops.com/hughes-be...e-022108.shtml

The entire trade is as follows:

- Sonics receive: Donyell Marshall (Cleveland), Ira Newble (Cleveland), Adrian Griffin (Chicago)

- Cleveland receives: Ben Wallace (Chicago), Joe Smith (Chicago), Wally Szczerbiak (Seattle), Delonte West (Seattle)

- Chicago receives: Larry Hughes (Cleveland), Drew Gooden (Cleveland), Cedric Simmons (Cleveland), Shannon Brown (Cleveland), 2009 2nd Round Pick (Cleveland).

Optimus Prime 02-21-2008 09:12 AM

Re: Cavs blockbuster may be coming up

LeBron is a man all alone in Cleveland. He NEEDS help. He won't be able to go off for 35/10/10 against the good teams in the NBA. And right now, LeBron's triple doubles are the only things keeping Cleveland afloat.

fatboy11 02-21-2008 09:14 AM

LeBron is so ready to leave Cleveland it's not funny.

He'll be a Knick. They'll get rid of Isiah and bring in someone with a brain and start laying the groundwork to bring LeBron in.

Created Player 02-21-2008 09:19 AM

Just get the deal doen, that's all I'm saying....

No more talk about a trade, just get it done, Ferry. But you better make the team better in the process. No excuses.

bomber 02-21-2008 09:47 AM

Any Ideas what could be happening? I think it must be the Bucks or Warriors involved.

JordanL 02-21-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
LeBron is so ready to leave Cleveland it's not funny.

He'll be a Knick. They'll get rid of Isiah and bring in someone with a brain and start laying the groundwork to bring LeBron in.

I thought Lebron wanted a ring?

The GM 02-21-2008 09:50 AM

doubt it would happen, the grizz are trying to reduce payroll and the cavs have no assets on this team to trade for miller they actually said they don't wanna give him away like they did gasol.

The GM 02-21-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanL
I thought Lebron wanted a ring?

Lebron doesn't want a ring, he wants to be a ICON like MJ was.

JordanL 02-21-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GM

It shouldn't matter either way... heading to New York would pretty much end that goal.

dak121 02-21-2008 10:13 AM

Cavs want a draft pick on top of the player(s) that they will be recieving?

Danny Ferry must live in some myopic world where great trades automatically fall in his lap. Or he must think that he's working for the Lakers.

Nygher 02-21-2008 10:21 AM

LeBron is going to Brooklyn unless Cleveland puts some real peices around him.

bomber 02-21-2008 10:22 AM

Maybe they are dealing for Gilbert, Redd, or ..

Lebron23 02-21-2008 10:25 AM

I am really excited right now

2LeTTeRS KD 02-21-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The GM

So why can't he want both, you know like MJ got? Watching the man on the court I dont see what else he could do to make people stop saying dumb **** like this. He plays his heart out every night I don't get the insults just because he says he wants to be a billionaire.

Cavs2007Champs 02-21-2008 10:30 AM

If the Cavs were going to take on a player like Vince Carter or Zach Randolph, I would want a draft pick also.

Maybe they will be taking on 1 bad contract, that's pretty damn bad, or giving up something Ferry thinks is worth more than it is worth.