Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Transformers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7729)

hateraid 08-07-2006 02:36 PM

OT: Transformers

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

I know it's a little early to plug the movie but I'm really exited about this. It's going to be digitally animated and have real actors.
How many of you grew up on Transformers and watched the cartoon? It was the best cartoon/toy of my childhood era. Probably the greatest toy ever invented. Transformers live on even in today's generation with Beast Wars and The New computer generated series.

SsKSpurs21 08-07-2006 02:38 PM

optimus prime was the man!

anyone remember beast wars with optimus primal the gorrilla?

Voice of Reason 08-07-2006 02:41 PM

Wish they would have showed more. I want to know if they are going the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle route or Terminator route with the Transformers. Cant really get a feel for where this is going story wise. A year away tho which is wack.

JtotheIzzo 08-07-2006 02:43 PM

Will Autobots claim their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Deceptacons?

What possible chance would the Autobots have if it was realistic?

Deceptacons > Autobots in a blow out, but Hollywood loves an underdog

hateraid 08-07-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Wish they would have showed more. I want to know if they are going the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle route or Terminator route with the Transformers. Cant really get a feel for where this is going story wise. A year away tho which is wack.

At least with a year to go you know that they are investing the time to perfect it. I hope the hype doesn't kill this. If it's anything like the original Transformer movie, it'll be more like the Terminator route.

JSub 08-07-2006 02:46 PM

I loved Transformers when I was a kid, but they already fcuked this movie up. Optimus Prime isnt even going to be a red trucker. Megatron is going to be a damn jet. WHAT THE HELL?! A jet?!

hateraid 08-07-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Will Autobots claim their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Deceptacons?

What possible chance would the Autobots have if it was realistic?

Deceptacons > Autobots in a blow out, but Hollywood loves an underdog

The Decepticons were pretty deadly until the Autobots created the Dinobots.
Remeber classic Starscream? He always phukk it up for them.

hateraid 08-07-2006 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSub
I loved Transformers when I was a kid, but they already fcuked this movie up. Optimus Prime isnt even going to be a red trucker. Megatron is going to be a damn jet. WHAT THE HELL?! A jet?!

I can see the Megatron thing cause they got to make it scale. How the hell does the biggest robot in the gang turn into a gun that fits into the palm of your hand?
Optimus not being a truck is not cool.

geeWiz15 08-07-2006 02:56 PM

I watched Beast Wars. I don't really remember anything about it though. Didn't watch much tv as a kid.

IamtheWalrus 08-07-2006 02:58 PM

sky streamer is the tightest....

and that tape recorder guy

Vragrant 08-07-2006 03:11 PM

Nice to see some Transformers heads on the board.

Its funny because over the last week, I've been watching some of the old episodes on youtube.

Brought back so much memories!

Man cartoons in the eighties were the best.The background music, dialouge was best.

Even in the Transformers episodes I watched recently, the background music is just amazing in each scene, like almost ahead of its time or something.

But the movie I'm already disappointed as one poster already mentioned Optimus is not even a red truck. I mean why? Is it so hard to just replicate a red eighteen wheeler? I don't see the point.

Oh yeah Starscream was the man!!

Voice of Reason 08-07-2006 03:11 PM

How do you know Prime wont be a red truck?

Vragrant 08-07-2006 03:13 PM

It was on a Transformers site.

JtotheIzzo 08-07-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
I watched Beast Wars. I don't really remember anything about it though. Didn't watch much tv as a kid.

arent you still a kid?

hateraid 08-07-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
sky streamer is the tightest....

and that tape recorder guy

Do you mean Starscream? He was the dude who used to try to jack Megatrons position. And the tape recorder was Soundwave.