Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Maybe the Nets should get Keith Van Horn back (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7730)

sepsychol 08-07-2006 03:39 PM

Maybe the Nets should get Keith Van Horn back

Why don't the Nets sign Van Horn? Before y'all jump on me, let's keep a few things in mind. First, I know Van Horn is soft and a bit of a headcase and didn't work out with the Nets initially, but if he doesn't have to be the man, he is a solid role player. I know that, but he can still contribute. Second, Nets have no frontcourt or rebounding and can use someone to shoot threes and spread the floor. Van Horn has averaged 8-10 rebound per game in his career and can find a niche as a three point shooter. Three, Van Horn is dirt cheap and can be bought for little money. Four, bringing back Van Horn is nostalgic, perhaps bring back the best in him. Finally, Mikki Moore and Clifford Robinson? Come on.

Rapsfan4life 08-07-2006 03:51 PM

they should, they can use a 4. Uncle Cliff is old and Mikki is best suited coming off the bench. Van Horn will knock a few shots a night and will round out the team

kobedaman24 08-07-2006 05:03 PM

That would be a good idea, if the Maericks would be willing to let go of him.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-07-2006 07:33 PM

re:

Nets are planning to bring Ilic over, so they have ONE roster spot left to get some kind of athletic shooter. YOUTH is the key figure, and they hope to get someone who can play some point too to be the third PG.

KnicksFan4Life 08-07-2006 08:12 PM

KVH is a money whore. Nets could bring in someone much better

wang4three 08-07-2006 10:17 PM

Omg, I thought this was real and almost had a heart attack. KVH needs to stay away.

Finn T-Mac 08-08-2006 02:48 AM

I got to say this.. nets should get kenyon martin back.. Trade away Collins and some other from the bench. Would be great to see k-mart and j-kidd playing together again. You could move kristic to c position and you would have great starting lineup. I know this ain't never going to happen but..

What comes to KVH. I've never really liked his game, but he has been consistant from the bech in dallas. He would bring depht to the bech but I think the nets could do better with KVH's price, get better player.

wally_world 08-09-2006 04:36 AM

no!!! get Al Harrington!!!

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-09-2006 11:37 AM

re:

Rod Thorn has already firmly said that he would only consider bringing KMart back if the Nuggets buy him out.

wang4three 08-09-2006 01:19 PM

well duh.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 08-09-2006 01:48 PM

re:

Harrington demands too much money and wants to start. no place for him on the Nets

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 07:38 PM

Yeah thats true, he'd be better off with the Pacers.