Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   robert swift (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77311)

jbot 02-23-2008 08:24 AM

robert swift
 
alright, sonics fans. tell me what it is about this dude. i don't know whether to feel sorry for him or what.

he gotta drafted pretty high so he had to have some sign of talent, only to spend the last 2 seasons injured. he's had reconstructive surgery on his right knee and on the game the other night vs. POR, doug collins was talking about how he's been working hard to get back and all that. moments later, the guy is walking off court into the locker room and it's revealed now that he's torn his meniscus. he can't catch a break. i couldn't imagine being this injury prone. i would be scared to even play.

how much longer can SEA management sit and wait for him to stay healty? i think petro has gotten an extension but i don't think swift will, seeing how elson is in town now. do any fans give a crap about him or not? i don't want to call him the "B" word, but it's not looking good.



oh, and that's "B" as in Bust.

marny_navis 02-23-2008 02:10 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Seattle got too desparate with big men in the draft. They kept picking them around 10, never going after a big time guy with a real shot at succeeding. Also, Sene was very inexperienced, and Swift came out of high school. A lot of high hopes were thrown into those picks.

RainierBeachPoet 02-23-2008 02:18 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
alright, sonics fans. tell me what it is about this dude. i don't know whether to feel sorry for him or what.

he gotta drafted pretty high so he had to have some sign of talent, only to spend the last 2 seasons injured. he's had reconstructive surgery on his right knee and on the game the other night vs. POR, doug collins was talking about how he's been working hard to get back and all that. moments later, the guy is walking off court into the locker room and it's revealed now that he's torn his meniscus. he can't catch a break. i couldn't imagine being this injury prone. i would be scared to even play.

how much longer can SEA management sit and wait for him to stay healty? i think petro has gotten an extension but i don't think swift will, seeing how elson is in town now. do any fans give a crap about him or not? i don't want to call him the "B" word, but it's not looking good.



oh, and that's "B" as in Bust.


the injuries have prevented the sonics from seeing if he could be a good player or a is a bust

:banghead:

luck of the (injury) draw...

sdavis1781 02-25-2008 09:41 PM

Re: robert swift
 
I think he would have been a BUST either way..Hes big but thats about it..Maybe he can be ok overseas..To bad they didnt draft Al Jefferson

Howard Schits 02-26-2008 04:46 AM

Re: robert swift
 
I don't blame Swift. It's Rick Sund that i have problem with. The idiot talked like he is some kind of genius. look at some of his draft picks; Swift, Petro, Sene. It's bomb, bust, and blah.

jbot 02-28-2008 10:26 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard Schits
I don't blame Swift. It's Rick Sund that i have problem with. The idiot talked like he is some kind of genius. look at some of his draft picks; Swift, Petro, Sene. It's bomb, bust, and blah.


eh, i don't think petro is that bad. he's ok. where the heck is sene anyway?

Howard Schits 02-28-2008 11:15 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
eh, i don't think petro is that bad. he's ok. where the heck is sene anyway?


Petro is way below ok. Perhaps he is somewhere between bad and awful. The reason he has been scoring a few here and there is becuase the other teams are not guarding him.

Sene is in Idaho playing in the D league.

Rick Sund should be the "I Da Ho" of basketball.

Howard Schits 02-28-2008 11:16 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Robert Stiff

divisionbyzero0 03-01-2008 09:05 PM

Re: robert swift
 
When Swift plays he can PLAY! The kid is really injury prone though... I'd like to see what he can do when he's completely healthy, but one more major injury and I'm ready to let him go, we don't need a Darius Miles type sitting on our bench...

RainierBeachPoet 03-01-2008 11:38 PM

Re: robert swift
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by divisionbyzero0
When Swift plays he can PLAY! The kid is really injury prone though... I'd like to see what he can do when he's completely healthy, but one more major injury and I'm ready to let him go, we don't need a Darius Miles type sitting on our bench...


i WISH swift showed us as much as miles had over the years:violin:

jbot 03-04-2008 11:11 AM

Re: robert swift
 
anyone following sene's stats in the d-league? is he gonna be anything?

Moose 03-24-2008 04:02 PM

Re: robert swift
 
The man is done, he's basically getting injured every damn time he's on the court. He should just hang up his sneakers.

Probably his looks are too blame.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy