Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Denver Nuggets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   99 % we are out of the playoffs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77766)

francesco totti 02-26-2008 08:17 AM

99 % we are out of the playoffs

We had 8 players to play vs pistons.injuries, useless coach all will stand in the way..I am losing hope of us making into the playoffs.I am angry with this losing streak..
:(

CAAIDN 02-26-2008 10:09 AM

Re: 99 % we are out of the playoffs

So am I.If we want to make the playoffs we cant afford to lose to Bucks and Bulls.

paguy1955 02-26-2008 03:11 PM

WTF...It's only feb still got 60 days...It will be ok.:cheers:

meloshow 02-26-2008 06:55 PM

no wonder our team struggled with consistency, our fans dont even believe in them...

francesco totti 03-01-2008 03:00 PM

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78322

we are dead.

paguy1955 03-02-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti

Then don't come back to the forum!:no: :wtf:

final.wrath 03-02-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paguy1955
WTF...It's only feb still got 60 days...It will be ok.:cheers:

Well I mean even if the Nuggets barely do make the playoffs its still pretty evident that the Allen Iverson + Carmelo Anthony expirement isn't working. Even with awesome role players like Marcus Camby and Linas Kleiza.

paguy1955 03-03-2008 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
Well I mean even if the Nuggets barely do make the playoffs its still pretty evident that the Allen Iverson + Carmelo Anthony expirement isn't working. Even with awesome role players like Marcus Camby and Linas Kleiza.

again you are 100% incorrect.. The experiment is working. Hate to say this but Linus is NOT ready for the big time. His game is inconsistant. One night he will get you 25 the next 5. And JR has been on a roll recently but his shot selection is horrible and he shoots himself out of games with that.

Geandily 03-04-2008 03:35 PM

Yeah to say the Iverson+Carmelo duo isn't working is just stupid, it's just like last year, our starters are good, bench is worthless, which is why we lose leads so easily.. Plus we've been hit with the injury bug AGAIN, god I just wish the Nuggets could stay healthy

final.wrath 03-04-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paguy1955
again you are 100% incorrect.. The experiment is working. Hate to say this but Linus is NOT ready for the big time. His game is inconsistant. One night he will get you 25 the next 5. And JR has been on a roll recently but his shot selection is horrible and he shoots himself out of games with that.

what the hell. you aren't even in the playoffs at this point in time. you have allen iverson AND carmelo anthony on the same team. that should be enough to make the playoffs by itself.

last year was different. melo and AI barely played together.

the expirement is failing. you need another star like Vince Carter or Michael Redd before you can be called a contender.

Geandily 03-05-2008 04:00 AM

I like how we tell him that hes an idiot for saying the Carmelo-Iverson duo isn't working and then we point to why Carmelo and Iverson aren't the reason the nuggets are losing and he just replies with: the experiment is failing, if the nuggets had a third superstar they would be better. He refutes our claims and then offers no reason as to why?

Two guys can't win a basketball game by themselves, Kenyon and Carter are supposed to be backups for the Nuggets not starters and Camby is far from being a dominant center.. Throw in the fact that Iverson is almost always playing with some kind of injury, Carmelo was out for 5 games (we lost 3 of them) and Camby was out for 3 games(we lost 2)

Oh and don't forget the plethora of injuries that have been inflicted on our bench too! Najera has been out like 6 games this season, Kleiza is injured AGAIN, will be his 5th missed game or something, Kenyon was out like 15 games, Carter was out 8 or something like that. My numbers are bound to be off by a couple of games, so just imagine a ~ next to all of them

Projected starting 5:

PG:Chucky Atkins - out with sports hernia, played 5 games or something
SG*: Allen Iverson - playing with injured wrist and hand
SF:* Carmelo Anthony - missed 5 games with an ankle sprain
PF: Nene - Missed 20 games with an injured hand, played in three games and then had to get treatment for testicular cancer
C*: Camby - surprisingly very few injuries for Camby this year, although he has missed a few games

Projected Bench:

PG*:Anthony Carter - Missed like 8 games at the start of the year with a hand injury
SG:J.R. Smith - Healthy!
SF*:Kleiza - going to miss 10~ games with various ankle injuries - Najera elbow and other injuries missed 5~ games
PF*: Kenyon Martin - Missed a ton of games with various injuries
C*:Steven Hunter - missed a bunch of games with knee injuries

*Designates a start

Current starting 5:

PG:Anthony Carter - 10~ missed games
SG:Allen Iverson 0~ missed games
SF:Carmelo Anthony 5 missed games
PF:Kenyon Martin 20~ missed games
C:Marcus Camby 5~ missed games

Current bench(healthy):

PG:Taurean Green
SG:J.R. Smith, Yakhouba Diawara
SF:Eduardo Najera
PF:
C:Steven Hunter

So lets see.... The nuggets have started 7 different players in a game with a starting roster of 5...

Currently, the Nuggets have 3/5 starters playing, two of which have been injured for a combined 8 games, of which we lost 5 and they're STILL on pace for 48 wins? How is the "experiment" failing again?

paguy1955 03-05-2008 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by final.wrath
what the hell. you aren't even in the playoffs at this point in time. you have allen iverson AND carmelo anthony on the same team. that should be enough to make the playoffs by itself.

last year was different. melo and AI barely played together.

the expirement is failing. you need another star like Vince Carter or Michael Redd before you can be called a contender.

VINCE CARTER :wtf: Are u smoking crack?:banghead: He has lost mostly everything and NJ can't even give him away.. And what happened to the Carter- Kidd experiment? Michael Redd a taller Iverson so that ain't any better..

BTW The players you mentioned well the never made it past the first round also so ain't any better.

Save your opinions for the comic pages almost as funny as one of them!

final.wrath 03-05-2008 10:19 PM

Vince Carter has lost everything? Check his stats man.

Michael Redd a taller version of Allen Iverson? wtf. He can't penetrate like Ivo or dish passes like him.

But what Vince or Michael do provide is a consistent 3 point scoring threat that Denver lacks. With either player Denver would become a contender.

Its hard to be a fastbreak team that can't shoot threes.

francesco totti 03-06-2008 04:05 AM

we beat the suns, so there is some hope coming.I see the suns after shaq trade going down, I hope it continues.I am hoping we qualify to playoffs on their expense.That would be cool.

Darsh 03-06-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francesco totti
we beat the suns, so there is some hope coming.I see the suns after shaq trade going down, I hope it continues.I am hoping we qualify to playoffs on their expense.That would be cool.

How about you start hoping we make the playoffs on our own merit, rather than just hoping someone will just suck more than us from now on.