Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cleveland Cavaliers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Should We Re-Sign Ira Newble (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78402)

1~Gibson~1 03-01-2008 07:04 PM

Should We Re-Sign Ira Newble

Should we really re-sign ira newble? i mean hes a guy that can put up 10-5 and he already knows the system. he can help out on teaching the new guys (delonte, joe smith, wally, and ben), hes a great defender, and he can guard a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, and some power forwards. he would be a great addition to this team!:D

Mathius 03-02-2008 01:56 AM

Re: Should We Re-Sign Ira Newble

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Should we really re-sign ira newble? i mean hes a guy that can put up 10-5 and he already knows the system. he can help out on teaching the new guys (delonte, joe smith, wally, and ben), hes a great defender, and he can guard a point guard, shooting guard, small forward, and some power forwards. he would be a great addition to this team!:D

He's a solid player. As I would say with any player you asked me about, it depends on his asking price.

I like the team we have now. I wish we could either get Wally more involved in the offense, or pick up another scorer.

But keeping this team together could prove to be expensive. I just hope Ferry doesn't jump the gun and resign these guys for huge $$$ and then they turn out to not be enough, because then we're right back where we started.

Mathius

mlh1981 03-02-2008 10:46 AM

Newble is the only guy the Cavs will miss from the trade. Mike Brown never gave him a fair shot in the rotation. All you can ask out of an NBA player is that they play hard and not complain. Despite being glued to the bench during most of the latter half of his tenure with the team, Newble never complained. Kept himself in shape, and was ready to go when the team needed him. You can never have enough of those type players.............

Meticode 03-06-2008 03:09 PM

Save the money for the next 1-2 years to get something good.

Nets fan 93 03-14-2008 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meticode
Save the money for the next 1-2 years to get something good.

i agree save your money. Newble is old anyway.

Mathius 03-14-2008 07:35 PM

There's nothing to be gained by saving cap money. Spend it while you have it. Otherwise you just lose it to contract inflations.

Contracts are guaranteed money and structured so that each successive year a player makes more money. That's why the salary cap goes up every year. But the salary cap doesn't always go up at the same rate as your players salaries.

Mathius