Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   how long before Farmar is starting again? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78780)

magicmanfan 03-04-2008 01:16 PM

how long before Farmar is starting again?

Jordan has been playing big minutes and playing well.....
Fish has been on the bench at the end of some of the recent
games.....

So how long before JF is starting for us? (Fish knows the bench
role very well....he can help that second unit a lot!!!)

:confusedshrug:

Purple Reign 03-04-2008 02:10 PM

Re: how long before Farmar is starting again?

Don't think he's going to. I think Phil likes that fact that Farmar can provide a spark off the bench. Fish is in a slump, let's ride with him for a little longer.

DKLaker 03-04-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purple Reign
Don't think he's going to. I think Phil likes that fact that Farmar can provide a spark off the bench. Fish is in a slump, let's ride with him for a little longer.

I think D-Fish just needs a break, Phil Should cut his minutes down for the next 6 games and reduce his practice time and he'll be fine.

SoCalMike 03-04-2008 04:15 PM

I personally want D Fish starting for the rest of the season. It's Farmar's job next season, IMO. He is much more valuable coming off the bench and D Fish gives veteran experience in the starting lineup that will be VERY valuable in the playoffs.

Many of the Laker players look tired right now.. and why not? The schedule has been pretty brutal the last two weeks. Fortunately, it will slow down a bit, and I think the team will catch their second wind.

:pimp:

bleedinpurpleTwo 03-04-2008 04:19 PM

When he becomes a starter (IF he becomes a starter) will be partially of function of how he performs in these upcoming playoffs.
Will he be clutch (as DFish has been)?
Or will his butt pucker up?

lakerfreak 03-04-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I personally want D Fish starting for the rest of the season. It's Farmar's job next season, IMO. He is much more valuable coming off the bench and D Fish gives veteran experience in the starting lineup that will be VERY valuable in the playoffs.

Many of the Laker players look tired right now.. and why not? The schedule has been pretty brutal the last two weeks. Fortunately, it will slow down a bit, and I think the team will catch their second wind.

:pimp:

While I agree with you, I can see Phil starting Fisher next year as well.

What concerns me here is fisher isn't as good a passer as Farmar is so I can bet that the bench won't be as productive because it will not be as "fluid" as Farmar made it this season.

ihatetimthomas 03-04-2008 05:31 PM

Honestly, I think farmar should be the starter. But Fish is steady so i'm fine with him starting. Hes been slumping a little as of late but probably just wear and tear of the amount of games we have been playing.

But I really think farmar thrives and makes our bench go. He is playing with guys who can run and play with high energy. I think he is a better facilitator, which is why I think he helps our bench out a lot. I think with Fish's skillset, hes better suited with our first team bc kobe, LO, gasol all can pass. Fish just needs to hit open jumpers.

In time Farmar will take the reins. But I wouldnt mind him playing a Manu type role for us as a "6th man" where he comes off the bench with the other bench players but gets more PT than just a bench player. He really elevates the game of our bench players IMO