Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   what to do with our "mid-late" draft pick. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78934)

donsanchez306 03-05-2008 02:12 PM

what to do with our "mid-late" draft pick.

well here we are.....hell. sixer fans as a collective have been wanting tanking of the infamous variety like the spurs for duncan. so what do we do with our fifteenth pick. i say if we are lucky dj augstine. we give andre iggy that qualifying offer and when someone offers him max let him walk or let him sign for one year and evaluate more. get rid of andre miller by draft time he is an expirer does something teams need even billy king could have cooked that one up.

p.s this making the playoffs or just missing it by a week is plain silly we did it last year got lucky with young. so who should we draft whats good for pf/pg

Jailblazers7 03-07-2008 11:24 AM

Re: what to do with our "mid-late" draft pick.

I would love to see Augustine in a Sixers uniform and if not him Darren Collison from UCLA. Even a bigman like Kevin Love, Darrell Arthur, or DJ White could be a nice pick depending on where we end up.

kshutts1 03-18-2008 09:16 PM

I was thinking about the Lakers the other day, and how they will

Not worrying about salaries, how does this trade sit with you?

Sixers get: Bynum, first round pick from Lakers

lakers get: Iggy, 1st and 2nd round picks from sixers

My thinking was this: your team has a glut of swingmen (granted, not as good as Iggy, but a glut nonetheless, and they are all young) and very few post players. the general thinking is that post players are the most valuable commodity in the league... so trade an up-and-coming star in the post for an up-and-coming star on the wings. Iggy isn't a good go-to player... imagine a front court of bynum and dalembert harrassing defenses, with louis williams, andre miller, thaddeus young, rodney stuckey/carney (whichever you have, I can never remember) on the wings. That is a solid team, IMO

Lakers still have their post presence with Gasol, but with Iggy they get better overall team defense, and a much more athletic lineup with Odom at the 4 (better able to guard the marions and amares and dirks than gasol or bynum) and Iggy at the 3.

I like it for both teams... what do you think? Only reason I have the sixers giving up two draft picks is for the aforementioned "fact" that post players are more valuable than swingmen

The Big Three 03-19-2008 04:25 PM

I like Augustin at PG or Arthur at PF. Arthur would make Philadelphia athletic at all 5 positions. What position will Thad play throughout his career, PF or SF? If it's PF, then Love would be good to come off the bench as a banger.

artificial 03-19-2008 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kshutts1
I was thinking about the Lakers the other day, and how they will

Not worrying about salaries, how does this trade sit with you?

Sixers get: Bynum, first round pick from Lakers

lakers get: Iggy, 1st and 2nd round picks from sixers

You clearly were thinking about the Lakers. Bynum + 1st round (late first round that is) for Iguodala +1st round pick (mid-late) +2nd round pick?

Losing Philly's arguably best player for a post presence, when there's already Dalembert -who as stupid as he is, is a post presence-... Nope.

I know the Lakers pulled a hell of a deal with Gasol, but I sure hope not every GM goes Chris Wallace.

GOBB 03-21-2008 07:42 AM

Sixers need to draft the best talent avilable.

The Big Three 03-21-2008 09:04 PM

GOBB stopped by.....

donsanchez306 03-21-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
Sixers need to draft the best talent avilable.

any ideas on who this may be with the pick coming from a sixth to eigth seed in the east. I haven't looked at any particular recent mock draft as of late or this website. Most likely will not be a fair bar-o-meter until after march madness as with most of these ok corral mid to late picks. ex: joey graham over danny granger ugh (we traded for carney didn't we?, so glad billy king and his gimmicky trades draft time are gone).

The Big Three 03-21-2008 11:14 PM

What are your needs? If it's PG and PF, then Kevin Love, Darrell Arthur, D.J. Augustin, and Darren Collison could all be in your range if they decide to enter.