Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Orleans Pelicans Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hornets New Guard (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7959)

kobedaman24 08-09-2006 10:57 PM

Hornets New Guard

Insidehoops.com has just said the owner of the Hornets has announced the signing of Bulls G Jannero Pargo. This guys a classy point guard. I watched many of his Bulls games. Hes excited to come here and looking forward to more play time.

Rapsfan4life 08-09-2006 11:05 PM

good player, he will provide depth and leadership

Fiyah 08-10-2006 02:41 AM

I like this signing. I always liked this guy and the Hornets desperately need more guards. I was hoping for a prototype 6'6 SG to sign with us to defend the likes of Kobe Bryant but Mason and Butler should be serviceable on defense. Pargo's a good player, let's just hope we're not overpaying him though.

wally_world 08-10-2006 06:34 AM

Quote:

I like this signing. I always liked this guy and the Hornets desperately need more guards. I was hoping for a prototype 6'6 SG to sign with us to defend the likes of Kobe Bryant but Mason and Butler should be serviceable on defense. Pargo's a good player, let's just hope we're not overpaying him though.

2years 2.1M

nice... but can get a better player at a slightly higher cost... would prefer Eddie House or Kareem Rush instead...

The Italian 08-11-2006 01:55 AM

This should be a good signing. Pargo is a solid player and he will provide some depth.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-20-2006 11:04 PM

good signing after letting speedy go pargo is a very solid backup

marny_navis 08-27-2006 11:14 PM

He will prove to be a solid backup for CP3 and I believe he will do very well. His numbers should go up in NO/OK.

BullsBigMan29 08-28-2006 05:55 PM

Bulls fan here...
You guys got two good players in Chandler and Pargo. I went to school with Jannero, he is a great player and a great player. Chandler is energetic and he will be a great asset to your squad.

Good luck this season and I hope you will be able to play more games in N.O.L.A this year.

9spurs 08-30-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Bulls fan here...
You guys got two good players in Chandler and Pargo. I went to school with Jannero, he is a great player and a great player. Chandler is energetic and he will be a great asset to your squad.

Good luck this season and I hope you will be able to play more games in N.O.L.A this year.

The kid got game. Too bad the Lakers waived him too early to wintess what he really can do.

PFunk 09-02-2006 01:07 PM

good deal..

I really like this signing. Janero has the potential to be a good player in this league. He's def a lights out shooter who will thrive in an up tempo system. With him, Bobby Jackson, and Rasual Butler, the Hornets def have some outside scoring threats..

insidehoops 09-04-2006 12:34 AM

Pargo's a terrific backup for cp3. It feels right, somehow

butch mcrae 09-04-2006 05:46 PM

excellent pickup, especially b/c of the fragility of bobby jackson. He's got playoff experience, not afraid to take the big shot. If the bull didn't already have duhon, he'd still be there. this makes losing claxton feel like nothing.

BullsBigMan29 09-20-2006 08:31 PM

Just a Note on Janerro and Tyson.

You guys have two special players on your team as both are friends of mine. You guys have a future all star (Chandler) and a guy I went to high school with who is one of the most rugged defensive guards in the league (Pargo), and that is no lie or crap.

New Orleans and O.K.C are gonna love these guys. They are hard workers and they will give Chris Paul some guns that the Hornets can use.