Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Is Bibby Overpaid??? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7962)

ShotCallah 08-09-2006 10:15 PM

Is Bibby Overpaid???

What it do ballaz??

Wat do u all think of the Bibbinator!?!? Overpaid?!?!?! Underpaid!?!??! Or he jus plain up sux?!?!?!

BradMiller52 08-10-2006 12:49 AM

Well, he makes a hell of a lot of money. I guess he's overpaid, but he also performs when the kings need him to and if the Kings hadn't had him last season the team would've been in the lottery. I'd still take him at his current salary, he's a top 10(maybe top 5) PG and those are real. He can create for his teammates or score. He's pretty versatile but then again he's a defensive liability.

Kiss Murder 08-10-2006 02:22 AM

Raise your entrails as an offer....

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Well, he makes a hell of a lot of money. I guess he's overpaid, but he also performs when the kings need him to and if the Kings hadn't had him last season the team would've been in the lottery. I'd still take him at his current salary, he's a top 10(maybe top 5) PG and those are real. He can create for his teammates or score. He's pretty versatile but then again he's a defensive liability.

Only knock on Mike is his defense....:mad:

bigboi_baller 08-10-2006 12:21 PM

theres more to it than a lack of defense. Bibby is a scoring guard, he's not really a set up type of guy. For the amount of time he handles the ball, he should have a lot more assists.

BradMiller52 08-10-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
theres more to it than a lack of defense. Bibby is a scoring guard, he's not really a set up type of guy. For the amount of time he handles the ball, he should have a lot more assists.

I really think it was the way our team has been built lately and the type of offense Adelman uses. I mean in the glory days with Webber, Divac, etc. you had some really good players like Doug and Vlade but they weren't scorers. They were really creative passers that did other things too. The offense had like Webber, Vlade, Christie passing the ball while Peja and Mike got themselves open.

When Mike was a grizzlie and the season Brad broke his leg while Chris and Doug got traded Mike really started to put up more assists. He got WAY more actually. Then this season our only good passer was Brad(and Ron but he wasn't here for half of the season) and nobody else could create their shot too well either(Bonzi and Reef are both pretty good in the post, but they have no handles or shooting abillity). Mike was the only guy who could hit the open 3s besides Kevin. It was up to Mike to score the points from the perimeter or else everybody down low couldn't work because defenses collapsed on them. If we had some better shooters on this team Mike could drive again instead of having to stay at the 3 point line/run around on the perimeter while people post up. Hopefully with a new coach, Bonzi's departure, and a few more offseason moves that'll change.

bigboi_baller 08-10-2006 07:48 PM

im just hoping "a few more offseason moves" will actually come

Kiss Murder 08-13-2006 04:35 PM

To tell you...

To tell you the truth...Mike bibby is the real face of the Kings...but he gets no credit, but he doesn't care because he's casual like that.

Anyways, Mike getting paid this much...I would say it's fair since he has to do so much...I don't think any human being should be getting paid that much but that's how our country works...

Lol anyways, if he gets injured and starts playing crappy, he'll be considered overrpaid.

kobedaman24 08-14-2006 03:52 AM

No, but hes underrated and deserves to be on a championship team.

Kiss Murder 08-14-2006 05:49 PM

Only we can breathe...

If Mike Bibby was on a championship team right now...he would excell like crazy you don't even know..Mike was always good being 2nd or 3rd option...last season he had to be mostly the 1st option.

Let's see..If Mike was on Miami...He'll be draining 3's getting fed by the teet of Shaq...

Dallas.....It'd just be what Jason Terry did and is doing....except JT is more athletic...

Spurs....Tim duncan will breast feed him with open shots...

Basically...Mike needs a Big man to kick it out to him or someone who can drive and kick it out...