Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pacers Attendence Sinks To Last In NBA (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79701)

PacerRaptor 03-11-2008 08:48 AM

Pacers Attendence Sinks To Last In NBA

No wonder the Simon bros want to sell the team... http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../1088/SPORTS04

The Pacers are struggling in all facets of the game this season. They aren't playing good basketball, players are getting in hot water off the court and now their attendance numbers are the worst in the NBA, according to the Indianapolis Star.

"We're in a smaller market and when we're not winning, our attendance comes down," CEO Donnie Walsh said. "I think it's a combination of some of the incidents that we've had and the fact we're not a very good team right now, which is another story. The fact that anybody would stay home because of some of the things any of our (players) have done is not a good statement for us and we have to correct that

ItsMillerTime 03-11-2008 10:22 AM

Re: Pacers Attendence Sinks To Last In NBA

Worst in the NBA.... wow. Really sums up our season, doesn't it?

I'm going to the NO/Indy game. I'm really going to see Chris Paul light us up.

catzhernandez 03-11-2008 01:55 PM

Ouch, this hurts. Wow, I knew we were near the bottom, but this is just sad. :cry:

mateo31 03-11-2008 02:17 PM

That certainly does not surprise me at all. Watching some of their games on television I see empty green seats everywhere. I have been a Pacers fan all my life and it is times like these that really make you appreciate the "good old days" of Pacers basketball.

jbot 03-11-2008 08:53 PM

i hope this doesn't continue. team is supposedly for sale and attendance is low. hmmmmm. if i lived closer, i'd go see some games. i can't afford good tickets.

InspiredLebowski 03-12-2008 03:56 AM

I watched the Purdue women win the B10 tourney and it really looked like there were more fans in Conseco for that than the last few Pacers games. The fans support teams with lesbian initiation rituals, but not teams who harbor murders. Jeez, pick a moral side and stick to it.

PacerRaptor 03-12-2008 08:47 AM

the problem with the Pacers is that its a small market/city, so the teams success depends on the teams attendence

jbot 03-12-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
the problem with the Pacers is that its a small market/city, so the teams success depends on the teams attendence

i blame those damn colts!:D

InspiredLebowski 03-14-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbot
i blame those damn colts!:D

Pretty much. Indy's right up there with Boston in terms of fair weather fans. It's also the Mecca of basketball and all, but the Pacers have never really been part of that since their ABA days, it's more the amateur basketball Mecca. If you asked 100 random basketball fans if they like IU or the Pacers more at least 75 would say IU.

PacerRaptor 03-14-2008 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Pretty much. Indy's right up there with Boston in terms of fair weather fans. It's also the Mecca of basketball and all, but the Pacers have never really been part of that since their ABA days, it's more the amateur basketball Mecca. If you asked 100 random basketball fans if they like IU or the Pacers more at least 75 would say IU.

thats pretty sad. Personally, Im from Toronto, so im not really interested in IU at all. Do you think that would have been the consensus in year 2000/2001?