Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   2007 unrestricted free agents (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7979)

bleedinpurple 08-10-2006 12:25 AM

2007 unrestricted free agents
 
who are the big names who will be UFA?

dblockallstars 08-10-2006 10:38 AM

I don't kno the big UFA but I kno there'll b some players with an option to opt out of their contracts after this season: lewis, billups, G.wallace, Jamison, Dirk, Carter, also David West, Diaw, Josh Howard, Hinrich are nearing the end of their rookie contracts

bleedinpurple 08-10-2006 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I don't kno the big UFA but I kno there'll b some players with an option to opt out of their contracts after this season: lewis, billups, G.wallace, Jamison, Dirk, Carter, also David West, Diaw, Josh Howard, Hinrich are nearing the end of their rookie contracts


thanks. I wouldn't hold out much hope for those nearing the end of rookie contracts. however, maybe billups will be ready to move on.

dblockallstars 08-10-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
thanks. I wouldn't hold out much hope for those nearing the end of rookie contracts. however, maybe billups will be ready to move on.


I don't kno, he wuz speakin kinda negatively about wallace goin to the bulls, so maybe he has some loyalty or somthing, but if they're just a regular .500 team next year, that'll probably be more motivation 4 him..... but they don't have any PG projects they can like build around or tutor, everyone's in their prime, so it'd b a big blow if he left.

kobedaman24 08-10-2006 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblockallstars
I don't kno, he wuz speakin kinda negatively about wallace goin to the bulls, so maybe he has some loyalty or somthing, but if they're just a regular .500 team next year, that'll probably be more motivation 4 him..... but they don't have any PG projects they can like build around or tutor, everyone's in their prime, so it'd b a big blow if he left.

Ofcourse he was speaking negatively about Wallace going to the Bulls because he knows they'll never be the same without him. Forget about Pistons being the Finals for a long time.

dblockallstars 08-10-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Ofcourse he was speaking negatively about Wallace going to the Bulls because he knows they'll never be the same without him. Forget about Pistons being the Finals for a long time.


What about some of the analysts that say that Mohammed isn't quite as good on D, but has a solid inside game, combined w/ Flip Murray's scoring, then DET can pick up right where they left off.

qwerty 08-10-2006 05:31 PM

How much space are we gonna have after the season? I don't think its gonna be much after we signed Radman right?

magicmanfan 08-11-2006 01:08 PM

But
 
there's always sign and trades....

bigdog13 08-11-2006 02:42 PM

Laker Fans love sign and trades.
 
Laker Fans love sign and trades.

dblockallstars 08-11-2006 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog13
Laker Fans love sign and trades.


except we never wanna offer anybody the other team would deem valuable.

dandaman 08-14-2006 12:06 PM

already talkin about next next year wow haha

bleedinpurple 08-14-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dandaman
already talkin about next next year wow haha


As the only team in the NBA with a 5 decade run of championship excellence, we are always looking at the future because, unlike every other team, we have a tradition to maintain.

kobedaman24 08-14-2006 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dblockallstars
What about some of the analysts that say that Mohammed isn't quite as good on D, but has a solid inside game, combined w/ Flip Murray's scoring, then DET can pick up right where they left off.

They wont be able to pick up the slack of defense. Mohammed's gonna start. Murray wont get more than 15 minutes.

millencolin735 08-14-2006 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
How much space are we gonna have after the season? I don't think its gonna be much after we signed Radman right?



Plenty cause we still have Brian Grants huge ass contract and then pretty much every player signed after the Shaq trade was signed so that theyre contracts would be up by the 07 offseason.

dblockallstars 08-14-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millencolin735
Plenty cause we still have Brian Grants huge ass contract and then pretty much every player signed after the Shaq trade was signed so that theyre contracts would be up by the 07 offseason.


$5mil tops b/c right now I think we're like $20 mil above the cap it's just that Grant doesn't count toward luxury tax.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy