Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Postgame analysis: Lakers vs Mavs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80697)

lakerfreak 03-19-2008 12:35 AM

Postgame analysis: Lakers vs Mavs

So all I can say is, we'll take it.

I dont know how a 25 point lead can slip so fast but it did, and we played terrible defense the last half of the game.

What I did like was the offensive execution to begin the game as well as Vladimir being in the right place at the right time.

Fedor - Laker 03-19-2008 01:28 AM

Re: Postgame analysis: Lakers vs Mavs

Woot we won!

Laker4Lyfe 03-19-2008 03:19 AM

What I don't understand about the zen master is. Why when Dallas went on their run or any team for that matter. Why is it that he REFUSES to call timeouts?

He should have taken Luke out and put Vlad back in before they cut the lead to a single digit.

I'm just happy that 1. we got the win, and 2. that even with our previous 2 losses we are still tied for first place.:rockon:

SoCalMike 03-19-2008 08:49 AM

Yes, we all seem to question the ways of the Zen Master Pjax. I was punching walls last night (not literally of course).

It drives me crazy, but one could argue that he is preparing these guys for much bigger battles in the playoffs. If so, one could further argue that despite them choking, the gritted it out.

:pimp:

gts 03-19-2008 10:08 AM

many times this seaon phil has let the guys figure it out on their own and they have responded and done just that..last night errr they couldn't.

so i'm not sure, i'm sure there's a method to phils madness sometimes and like socal said, certainly the experience has got to count for something...

it's just sometimes phils method can account for many things but it also can't account for a shooter getting hot like dirk did last night.. he made the timely substitutions with the 8 point lead but still dirk shot those 3 pointers at will despite some pretty good defense on him... he missed the last and that's all that counts in the end....

Kobe=MVP07` 03-19-2008 10:23 AM

9 rings! no1 should question his methods, ...realize these are reg season games [even with the west so tight] most coaches coach for the season he is coaching for the playoffs

like i noticed something, i could be wrong but many of the games you dont see fish out there in the end, u see farmar.. why? fish is the vet knows how to make the big plays.. EXactly how did he learn to be a smart player? by playing in crunch time he is giving farmar these "important" minutes while resting fish so when the playoffs come he will be more apt to make the better decision..

thats just 1 think i noticed, maybe im over analyzing but phil is a playoff coach..

MJ(Mean John) 03-19-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
What I don't understand about the zen master is. Why when Dallas went on their run or any team for that matter. Why is it that he REFUSES to call timeouts?

He should have taken Luke out and put Vlad back in before they cut the lead to a single digit.

I'm just happy that 1. we got the win, and 2. that even with our previous 2 losses we are still tied for first place.:rockon:

Sometimes I feel, that it is a good idea that Phil lets his guys do their own thinking and doesnt call a time out. In the regular season so that in the post, he wont have his guys worrying and panicking on what to do when the other team is on a run. But in the playoffs if the other team is on a run. I think that Phil has to call timeouts more frequently.

Also, I have been Sayin, we need to deal Luke. I'm sorry but to me, this guy is a stiff. idk, he is getting paid, and I think his value has dropped, but I just donít like the way he plays for us.
Too many dumb shots, doesnít play good defense, doesnt make his shots,
dont even get me started talking about his turn overs.
It's just for a "smart" basketball player I dont feel he makes smart decisions. At least having Radmanovic gives us a shooter and Ariza gives us the burger plus the fries and the drink.
I just feel that if we were missing Luke, it wouldn't make a difference. I know guys are going to say,

"Guys, we cant start making deals, we have a great team which is ready for a run"
I just feel that without luke, we are the same team.

lakerfreak 03-19-2008 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
9 rings! no1 should question his methods, ...realize these are reg season games [even with the west so tight] most coaches coach for the season he is coaching for the playoffs

that defense of him being a 9 time champion is no longer valid.

Pat riley is a six time champion, does that mean we shouldn't question his methods? Of course we can do that, he won his 6th ring because he had the greatest roster in the NBA, but he couldn't utilize shaq properly.

if Phil's methods keep losing us vital regular season games I wouldn't call it a technique that works because we'd be facing a much more difficult opponent in the playoffs.

His substitutions are crap but I'll tell you what makes him such a great coach, the fact that he always has our team playing at a much higher intensity on the road. The only reason I dont mind if we get any seed this season is because we're probably one of the best road teams if not the best.

Winning at DAL yesterday without 3 of our most important pieces was a huge example of how well prepares this team....but that doesnt mean he's a good substitution coach.

alexthegod 03-19-2008 05:26 PM

I actually like that PJ doesn't call time outs when the going gets rough. It forces the players to overcome and play through adverse stretches instead of getting bailed out by a timeout.

In this way it battlehardens the players so they will be able to perform and be more comfortable when times get rough in the playoffs.

As far as the game goes, you never like to see a team blow a 25 point lead, but they buckled down and got the win in DAL while shorthanded.

Vlad was out of his mind, we sure needed that.

gts 03-19-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Also, I have been Sayin, we need to deal Luke.

Quote:

dont even get me started talking about his turn overs.
Lukes 5th on the team in turnovers at 1.6 per
unless you're suggesting we also trade
kobe 3.4
lamar 2
pau 1.6
andrew 1.5

Quote:

doesn’t play good defense
yet somehow he leads the bench in steals and is 3rd overall on the team behind kobe and fish
Quote:

It's just for a "smart" basketball player I dont feel he makes smart decisions
4th in assists with 3 per game behind kobe, pau and lamar... we should probably trade fisher and farmar while we are at it just to be safe?

Quote:

At least having Radmanovic gives us a shooter
got me there bro, vlad rads 44% is head and shoulders above lukes 43%

Quote:

Ariza gives us the burger plus the fries and the drink.
and that's good, because he doesn't lead walton in any major catergories listed above..
(except shooting percentage, but hey when you only take 4 shots a game 55% of which are dunks, tips or in the paint they need to be high percentage) can i get ranch dressing with my fries?

Tainted Sword 03-19-2008 07:01 PM

Fisher has been annoying me alot lately. I mean, I don't mind that he's in a bit of a shooting slump now, as it happens to the best of them, but I do mind him making stupid offensive decisions when the gameís on the line. The main reason we picked him up was because we needed a level-headed vet at point. He did well the first half in terms of choosing his shots and making plays, but it seems now heís becoming a huge liability in that regard. Fish, youíre not a slasher, and you donít have to take contested shots with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, please return to earth.

Droth24 03-19-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gts
Lukes 5th on the team in turnovers at 1.6 per
unless you're suggesting we also trade
kobe 3.4
lamar 2
pau 1.6
andrew 1.5

yet somehow he leads the bench in steals and is 3rd overall on the team behind kobe and fish
4th in assists with 3 per game behind kobe, pau and lamar... we should probably trade fisher and farmar while we are at it just to be safe?

got me there bro, vlad rads 44% is head and shoulders above lukes 43%

and that's good, because he doesn't lead walton in any major catergories listed above..
(except shooting percentage, but hey when you only take 4 shots a game 55% of which are dunks, tips or in the paint they need to be high percentage) can i get ranch dressing with my fries?

Great points gts:applause:

lakerfreak 03-19-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainted Sword
Fisher has been annoying me alot lately. I mean, I don't mind that he's in a bit of a shooting slump now, as it happens to the best of them, but I do mind him making stupid offensive decisions when the gameís on the line. The main reason we picked him up was because we needed a level-headed vet at point. He did well the first half in terms of choosing his shots and making plays, but it seems now heís becoming a huge liability in that regard. Fish, youíre not a slasher, and you donít have to take contested shots with 14 seconds left on the shot clock, please return to earth.

Thank you!

with that being said, I cant remember the last time he made a layup. Im serious by the way, Im not trying to be a hater. He drives in with this hope that he might actually make a contested layup but he either gets blocked or misses pretty badly. Its frustrating.

Tainted Sword 03-19-2008 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Thank you!

with that being said, I cant remember the last time he made a layup. Im serious by the way, Im not trying to be a hater. He drives in with this hope that he might actually make a contested layup but he either gets blocked or misses pretty badly. Its frustrating.

Bad thing is, there are usually players wide open around the perimeter when he does thatÖ

SoCalMike 03-19-2008 09:26 PM

So who do we hate on the Lakers this week? LO? Farmar? Luke? VladRad? D Fish? Sasha? Mbenga? Who's left? :D

:pimp: