Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indiana Pacers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Good Job Murphy (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81082)

PacerRaptor 03-22-2008 02:10 AM

Good Job Murphy

We need Troy Murphy to play as he did today against the T-Wolves. He had 22 points and 15 rebs along with 3 three-pointers. Thats exactly what we need from him each game

catzhernandez 03-22-2008 03:13 AM

Re: Good Job Murphy

Haha, I was gonna make a Murph thread tonight also, that's great. He played great for us last night, keeping us in the playoff race with another solid game. He's been as solid a Pacer as you can find since the all-star break, he currently has 15 straight games of 11 pts or more, and 22 out of his last 23 games having at least double figures in scoring. He's getting 12/7 on the season, but averaging 16/7 since the break.

How about Dunleavy and Murphy though, they're playing great. As I said before, Murphy - 16/7 since the break, but how about Dunleavy, he's getting 22 ppg since the break.

I just want to see Murphy continue this, though. With the 15 boards tonight, I know damn well he's still capable of getting 10+ rpg every night, I don't understand why he doesn't put forth the effort every night. I us hope he can continue this, and the Pacers can stay hot, beat the Bulls, who are also contending for that 8th spot, next game and take the rest of the schedule one game at a time. I definitely think we could still squeak in. We only have ONE game left against the West.

This is what the rest of the way is like for the Pacers, Nets, Bulls, and Hawks who are all fighting for the last playoff spot.

Teams is BOLD are below .500

Pacers (28-41 1.5 GB)

10 of final 13 games are against teams with below .500 records
6 of final 13 games are on the road
4 of final 13 games are against teams vying for the 8th seed
1 of final 13 games are against Western Conference
4 of final 13 games are against teams currently in the playoffs

Sat 22 @ Chicago
Tue 25 vs New Orleans
Wed 26 @ New Jersey
Fri 28 vs New Jersey
Mon 31 vs Miami
Wed 02 @ Boston
Fri 04 @ Milwaukee
Sun 06 vs Milwaukee
Tue 08 vs Atlanta
Fri 11 @ Philadelphia
Sat 12 vs Charlotte
Mon 14 @ Washington
Wed 16 vs New York

Nets (29-40 .5 GB)

7 of final 13 games are against team with below .500 records
8 of final 13 games are on the road
2 of final 13 games are against teams vying for the 8th seed
1 of final 13 games are against Western Conference
8 of final 13 games are against teams currently in the playoffs

Sat 22 @ Philadelphia
Mon 24 @ New York
Wed 26 vs Indiana
Fri 28 @ Indiana
Sat 29 vs Phoenix
Tue 01 vs Philadelphia
Fri 04 @ Detroit
Sat 05 vs Toronto
Wed 09 @ Cleveland
Fri 11 @ Toronto
Sat 12 @ Milwaukee
Tue 15 vs Charlotte
Wed 16 @ Boston

Bulls (27-41 2 GB)

7 of final 14 games are against teams with below .500 records
6 of final 14 games are on the road
3 of final 14 games are against teams vying for the 8th seed
No more games against Western Conference
8 of final 14 games are against teams currently in the playoffs

Sat 22 vs Indiana
Tue 25 vs Atlanta
Wed 26 @ Philadelphia
Fri 28 @ Atlanta
Sat 29 vs Milwaukee
Tue 01 vs Boston
Thu 03 @ Cleveland
Sat 05 vs Washington
Tue 08 @ Miami
Wed 09 @ Orlando
Fri 11 vs Cleveland
Sun 13 vs Orlando
Mon 14 @ Milwaukee
Wed 16 vs Toronto

Hawks (29-39 8 seed)

10 of final 14 games are against teams with below .500 records
6 of final 14 games are on the road
3 of final 14 games are against teams vying for the 8th seed
1 of final 14 games are against Western Conference
6 of final 14 games are against teams currently in the playoffs

Sat 22 vs Orlando
Tue 25 @ Chicago
Wed 26 vs Milwaukee
Fri 28 vs Chicago
Sun 30 vs New York
Mon 31 @ Memphis
Wed 02 vs Toronto
Fri 04 vs Philadelphia
Sat 05 @ Philadelphia
Tue 08 @ Indiana
Fri 11 @ New York
Sat 12 vs Boston
Tue 15 vs Orlando
Wed 16 @ Miami

Looking at the schedules, I would have to say the Nets are out. This next game against the Bulls is imperative though, if we win this game, we could very well be on our way to the playoffs. I mean look at the rest of the schedules for all of us. We easily have the easiest schedule to close it out. Only 4 games left against playoff opponents, and with four games remaining against the other three teams vying for the same position we are, we could capitalize on them and push ourselves that much closer. I think with the Bulls already a half game back, if we beat them they're two back, then at worst, if we split with NJ, we're still just a game back, but their schedule is SO tough, we just need to win the games were supposed to, and let the other guys fulfill their schedules, because they're gonna lose, the schedules are ALL in our favor, every category is too.

We need the big play of Dunleavy and Murphy to continue, and we could do this.

catzhernandez 03-22-2008 03:33 PM

That last post took me an hour to get all of those stats together, get the remaining schedules up and what not, figure out their ppg since the break, etc., this thread had better get some more replies, lol.

InspiredLebowski 03-22-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
That last post took me an hour to get all of those stats together, get the remaining schedules up and what not, figure out their ppg since the break, etc., this thread had better get some more replies, lol.

Thanks for reminding me how likely it is we back into a first round playoff sweep and lose 5+ spots in the draft and a (small) chance at a franchise player. But hey, it gets the young guys playoff experience! Well, if any of them ever played.

On the bright side, West Virginia's up 7 on Duke with 11 minutes to go. Even though I'm more scared of WVU than Duke for my Boilers.

catzhernandez 03-22-2008 03:53 PM

I wanted this team to tank too, but it seems like they don't want any part of it, and as usual, we're gonna get our regular 12-14 pick in the draft. Yippee!

So should we blame Murphy or Dunleavy? :oldlol:

InspiredLebowski 03-22-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I wanted this team to tank too, but it seems like they don't want any part of it, and as usual, we're gonna get our regular 12-14 pick in the draft. Yippee!

So should we blame Murphy or Dunleavy? :oldlol:

I've never been able to make up my mind. I don't ever want the Pacers to lose, but we're horrible, the higher the pick the better. Instead of calling it tanking I'm going to start using "forward-thinking."

PacerRaptor 03-23-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I've never been able to make up my mind. I don't ever want the Pacers to lose, but we're horrible, the higher the pick the better. Instead of calling it tanking I'm going to start using "forward-thinking."

i really want JO to come back asap so he can get his value up and we can ship him out.....

catzhernandez 03-23-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Haha, nice. I'm not sure if we're horrible, but we're not in the best shape. In reality though, if we can get our guys to mesh together, like they have since the all-star break, we're only one good piece, and maybe a young star PG away from being a very good team.

PacerRaptor 03-28-2008 10:28 PM

once again Murphy comes up big for us. He had 21 points and 17 rebs. Hes been playing good the past few games. His trade value definetly went up. Would you guys trade him or keep him for next season. I would let him go!!

catzhernandez 03-29-2008 04:51 PM

I'm not sure if his value is up as high as we might think already, but it's getting there. I gotta tell you guys though, Dunleavy and Murphy have made me proud to be a Pacers fan. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I love how these guys have played this year, especially since the AllStar break.

Irk Woodsman 03-30-2008 09:34 PM

What do you expect, the guy's tough, he did play for Notre Dame you know:)

jbot 03-31-2008 07:17 AM

there's too much man love in this thread for me.