Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dallas Mavericks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do you think Nowitzki is a top 5 player? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8138)

MaverickFan4Life 08-11-2006 05:40 PM

Do you think Nowitzki is a top 5 player?
 
Please vote.

I gotta say yes, hes the best player on a top contender (if not the Top contender in the league). He keeps getting better every year and he just turned 28, seems like he should be alot older.

Hes getting much more respect around the league as well, since teams are now double and triple teaming him sometimes, thats the ultimate compliment.






Younggrease 08-11-2006 05:42 PM

...
 
he is the fifth best player

MaverickFan4Life 08-11-2006 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
he is the fifth best player


I agree, hes 4th or 5th

I put Wade,Kobe and LeBron over him for sure but not sure about any one else

I gotta go with #4

i seen hippos 08-11-2006 05:44 PM

for what he did last year, yes.

but if i was to pick a player to bring me a championship this year, he wouldn't be on my list.

-kobe
-lebron
-KG
-duncan
-wade

so i guess i wouldn't say he's one of the top 5 players in the league, but he was one of the top 5 perfomers last season. meaning that if a guy like KG had dallas' supporting cast, he'd look as good if not better.

A Roc 23 08-11-2006 05:46 PM

4th or 5th to me.

He is an amazing offensive player, but his defense still keeps him from being #1.

hotsizzle 08-11-2006 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaverickFan4Life
I agree, hes 4th or 5th

I put Wade,Kobe and LeBron over him for sure but not sure about any one else

I gotta go with #4


agreed. 4th or 5th. i think I would put duncan in there before him. so I'll go with #5 because of what he did last yr. Had mavs won the chip...he probably would have been considered the first or second for sure

Locked_Up_Tonight 08-11-2006 05:47 PM

I seen Hippos, I can understand why you would choose LeBron Duncan and Wade to lead you to a title. And I can understand Kobe too. But why would you want KG? Wouldn't KG have to reach the Finals before you would want him to try to win you a championship?

(The reason LeBron gets on the list w/o reaching it is because of his age.)

As for the question: yes.

He's been first team, all-nba the last two years.

GothamKnight 08-11-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i seen hippos
for what he did last year, yes.

but if i was to pick a player to bring me a championship this year, he wouldn't be on my list.

-kobe
-lebron
-KG
-duncan
-wade

so i guess i wouldn't say he's one of the top 5 players in the league, but he was one of the top 5 perfomers last season. meaning that if a guy like KG had dallas' supporting cast, he'd look as good if not better.


if youre goin by championship shaq has to be mentioned. even now hes still one of the best bets for it

ReturnOfJimi 08-11-2006 05:52 PM

I'd put him below Kobe, Wade, LeBron and amongst Duncan, Nash and KG.. with Gilbert, Pierce, VC, AI, Yao, Brand, and maybe even Shaq or TMac if they're at all healthy in the next category.

Have I forgotten anyone? Maybe.

i seen hippos 08-11-2006 05:52 PM

but i meant if i had a made up team (no matter the strenghts of that team), i would pick KG over dirk this year.

i believe if KG has close to the support dirk has, he'd look a lot better than dirk did last season.

you have to try and not look at what KG did last season with a bad team. do you think duncan would have carried the wolves anywhere?

hotsizzle 08-11-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnOfJimi
I'd put him below Kobe, Wade, LeBron and amongst Duncan, Nash and KG.. with Gilbert, Pierce, VC, AI, Yao, Brand, and maybe even Shaq or TMac if they're at all healthy in the next category.

Have I forgotten anyone? Maybe.


I would put melo and bosh in that last category

West-Side 08-11-2006 05:54 PM

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Duncan
4. Wade
5. Dirk

i seen hippos 08-11-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

if youre goin by championship shaq has to be mentioned

i look at shaq now as kind of a final piece player. not someone you'd want to be your best player/top scorer...cause he can't really do that anymore on a consistent bases.

ReturnOfJimi 08-11-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

I would put melo and bosh in that last category

I forgot Melo, for sure.

But, I still put Bosh on the level just below those guys. I'll put him on the tier soon enough... but not just yet. Bosh is on the Michael Redd/Ray Allen level, IMO. the next one down.

Ricardo Tubbs 08-11-2006 05:57 PM

Quote:

i believe if KG has close to the support dirk has, he'd look a lot better than dirk did last season.

KG had similar talent one year in Minny, and he won 58 games. Dirk won 60. How the hell would KG look "a lot better?"

And Dirk plays with one of the sh!ttiest teams in the world and makes them way better than they are, they're called "Germany."


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy