Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Philadelphia 76ers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I Gotta Give Props (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81474)

catzhernandez 03-25-2008 04:29 AM

I Gotta Give Props

Man, your team is playing as well as ANYBODY at this point, and I have no clue how. I haven't seen but maybe two Sixer games this year, so could someone please come in here and school me a little bit on how the hell you guys are winning your games?

idizzle 03-25-2008 08:41 AM

Re: I Gotta Give Props

The Sixers are back. The funny thing is that the Sixers have a playoff spot and the Nuggets are still fighting for one. As much as I love like A.I. it would be messed up to see him not in the playoffs and his former team make it.

catzhernandez 03-25-2008 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
The Sixers are back. The funny thing is that the Sixers have a playoff spot and the Nuggets are still fighting for one. As much as I love like A.I. it would be messed up to see him not in the playoffs and his former team make it.

Thank you Mr. Obvious for not answering my question at all.

Can anyone ELSE come in here and maybe tell me why they're doing so well?

Jailblazers7 03-25-2008 04:08 PM

Teamwork, unity, selflessness, and hustle are what make this team successful. Players are beginning to develop and emerge and the team chemistry is outstanding.

catzhernandez 03-25-2008 04:29 PM

Is it mainly due to Andre Miller? Or is Iggy the leader? I know Dalembert has had a big role too.

Jailblazers7 03-25-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Is it mainly due to Andre Miller? Or is Iggy the leader? I know Dalembert has had a big role too.

Andre has been playing very well and has assumed the leadership role with the team but it is not always one person. Sometimes Iggy will take the lead and other Andre will.

Junny 03-25-2008 06:28 PM

Don't forget the bench players. Lou Williams and Rod Carney. Last but not least, Thad Young. I really really didnt expect him to play at the current level.

Moose 03-26-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Thank you Mr. Obvious for not answering my question at all.

Can anyone ELSE come in here and maybe tell me why they're doing so well?

:roll:

Jailblazers7 03-26-2008 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junny
Don't forget the bench players. Lou Williams and Rod Carney. Last but not least, Thad Young. I really really didnt expect him to play at the current level.

Yes they are all playing well especially Thad. Dalembert has been look very good as well.

Maniak 03-27-2008 10:46 AM

:applause: for the 76ers, starting to pull toward the post season and become a dominant force, even without AI there to help, nice to see them start exploding out on the scene at this time

:applause: :applause: :applause:

danumber88 03-27-2008 08:08 PM

Reminds me of the trailblazers earlier this season.. only this time on the east

catzhernandez 03-28-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danumber88
Reminds me of the trailblazers earlier this season.. only this time on the east

And at a point in the season where the wins actually mean something.

Blazers' hot streak didn't get them into the playoffs, whereas the Sixers hot streak is gonna get em in.

The Sixers have the second best record since the All-Star break at 18-5, I believe, only second to the Rockets in that time.

Jailblazers7 03-28-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
:applause: for the 76ers, starting to pull toward the post season and become a dominant force, even without AI there to help, nice to see them start exploding out on the scene at this time

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Lets wait a year or two before we start calling them a dominant force.

Finn T-Mac 04-02-2008 05:00 AM

:applause:

That's for the fact that they are above .500. And I think the main reason has been Miller and the team chemistry. Hope they'll make it to the second round so they can build on it next season.

catzhernandez 04-03-2008 12:56 AM

This team is such a surprise, they could have the makings for an upset. They seem to be low on everyone's radar.