Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Medieval 2 total war/ Rome Total War (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81834)

knickballer 03-27-2008 08:43 PM

Medieval 2 total war/ Rome Total War

Who here has played these games. I love these games....

knickballer 04-06-2008 04:20 PM

Re: Medieval 2 total war/ Rome Total War

anyone

ukballer 04-06-2008 04:47 PM

I have Medieval 2, but onlyplayed it for a very short time. My little laptop really struggled to handle the graphics engine on the game. Took close to 4-5 hours to finish some of the battles. I haven't played it since like November last year, don't really intend to either. If I had a PC or laptop with a good graphics card/memory I would have probably played it a lot more. It is fun, just the slowness for me was infuriating. Much as I hated the slowness, it won't drive me to buying a new one as I usually only use it for the internet. Most of my games are console ones.

knickballer 04-06-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukballer
I have Medieval 2, but onlyplayed it for a very short time. My little laptop really struggled to handle the graphics engine on the game. Took close to 4-5 hours to finish some of the battles. I haven't played it since like November last year, don't really intend to either. If I had a PC or laptop with a good graphics card/memory I would have probably played it a lot more. It is fun, just the slowness for me was infuriating. Much as I hated the slowness, it won't drive me to buying a new one as I usually only use it for the internet. Most of my games are console ones.

you should try out Rome Total war. It ahs the same engine, has good graphics and you can play it on less-fortunate computes. It was made in 2004ish and takes place during roman times. Starts at 280bc

A.M.G. 04-07-2008 10:47 AM

I love these games. But I have a problem that maybe someone could help me with.

I own Medieval 2, right? Play it, love it. So I bought the expansion Kingdoms, and tried to install it. But for some reason you need Medieval to be updated to version 2 or 3 or something. And I don't know how to update the game! I have tried to do it several times, but I am obviously doing something wrong, because the download fails everytime.

Can anybody tell me what I should do to update Medieval 2? Or direct me to a website that will tell me how to do it properly? I've kind of given up for a while, but seeing this thread reminded me.

knickballer 04-13-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I love these games. But I have a problem that maybe someone could help me with.

I own Medieval 2, right? Play it, love it. So I bought the expansion Kingdoms, and tried to install it. But for some reason you need Medieval to be updated to version 2 or 3 or something. And I don't know how to update the game! I have tried to do it several times, but I am obviously doing something wrong, because the download fails everytime.

Can anybody tell me what I should do to update Medieval 2? Or direct me to a website that will tell me how to do it properly? I've kind of given up for a while, but seeing this thread reminded me.

Are you talking about installing the patch? Was there any errors when you installed the patch?