Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Which center will turn out best? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8194)

PFunk 08-12-2006 01:39 PM

Which center will turn out best?
 
WHat's up Sonic fans. Just an opinion question here...which of the past centers Seattle has drafted will turn out the best??

Swift?
Petro?
Sene?

I actually don't know too much about any of them...

Rapsfan4life 08-12-2006 02:03 PM

When I saw Petro and Swift live, they both showed they have potential. Petro is gonna be a good solid center. Whether he can take the next step, depends on how much time he will get this season. From the videos of Sene, he is a defensive force. Right now its either between Petro and Sene. I think Sene, if he is trained properly and adapts, will be the best one in two or three years time. He reminds me of Samuel Dalembert.

RainierBeachPoet 08-12-2006 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapsfan4life
When I saw Petro and Swift live, they both showed they have potential. Petro is gonna be a good solid center. Whether he can take the next step, depends on how much time he will get this season. From the videos of Sene, he is a defensive force. Right now its either between Petro and Sene. I think Sene, if he is trained properly and adapts, will be the best one in two or three years time. He reminds me of Samuel Dalembert.


his wingspan is much greater than dalembert too

if he is comparable to dal, the sonics will have done well. one of the other could be trade bait for a vet

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-15-2006 12:13 AM

Sene is going to turn out the best, petro and swift havent impressed me yet

DETON8ER 08-17-2006 08:34 AM

Sene is going to be a beast in a couple of seasons. He needs to gain 30 pounds. or sumtn and he will be like a mutombo in blocks.......

koichiii 08-17-2006 08:43 AM

Petro played in last frech team game and he was pettry good. He runs the floor well, he is very athletic and and can really block shots.

But he isn't involved in the offense, so i cannot tell you much about his offensive game.

Mickael Gelabale was great, he has a reliable jumper, when he's open he knocks down 3 of 4. He also shoots the turnaround jumper when he has a small defender over him. Great pick up by Seattle. He will be a good back up for Ray Allen. I'm sure he's gonna have playing time with the SOnics. If not, that's wasting his talent (like Diaw in Atlanta).

RainierBeachPoet 08-17-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koichiii
Petro played in last frech team game and he was pettry good. He runs the floor well, he is very athletic and and can really block shots.

But he isn't involved in the offense, so i cannot tell you much about his offensive game.

Mickael Gelabale was great, he has a reliable jumper, when he's open he knocks down 3 of 4. He also shoots the turnaround jumper when he has a small defender over him. Great pick up by Seattle. He will be a good back up for Ray Allen. I'm sure he's gonna have playing time with the SOnics. If not, that's wasting his talent (like Diaw in Atlanta).



there were earlier postive comments regarding gelebale-- i look forward to seeing him. time will tell how he will do-- how he adjusts to the nba style of play, how much playing time he gets the usa cultural adjustments etc...

marny_navis 08-27-2006 11:22 PM

Gelabele is a project. Not that that is a bad thing, though. I don't think he has the fundamentals down yet, but right now he could make a difference as a change of pace player, giving Seattle much needed athleticism. I think the ceiling for him would be a Corey Maggette, and I think in the future he could be a 10-11 point player.

zybine 08-28-2006 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marny_navis
Gelabele is a project. Not that that is a bad thing, though. I don't think he has the fundamentals down yet, but right now he could make a difference as a change of pace player, giving Seattle much needed athleticism. I think the ceiling for him would be a Corey Maggette, and I think in the future he could be a 10-11 point player.


He is not a project : he really has the fundamentals ; he is not 20 or less ; he's played 2 years (with playing time) for Real madrid in one of europe's toughest leagues. I've just watched the game vs Angola on FIBA World championship : best Frenchman, extremely agressive on defense.

Now, the fact he is not a project does mean he is gonna be a fantastic player in the league. He'll get a place in the sun, solely based on his defense, rebounding and shot-blocking (amazing arms, this fellow, + good IQ). Will he ever be a starter or even better : I can't tell. Depends on the team, on the coach, on his mental strength too. My prediction : given 20 mpg, should manage 10 ppg, 5 rbs, 2 blocks.

NBA player he's closest is Tayshaun Prince by the way.

BullsBigMan29 08-28-2006 04:41 PM

Bulls fan here....
Sene looks like he can help right away. Swift and Petro looks awesome and they will blossom into NBA Centers, although Petro looks as if he can be a Power forward too.

RainierBeachPoet 08-28-2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BullsBigMan29
Bulls fan here....
Sene looks like he can help right away. Swift and Petro looks awesome and they will blossom into NBA Centers, although Petro looks as if he can be a Power forward too.


i thought about petro at pf too, but between wilcox and collison, not much pt

i am glad you think sene can help right away... hope springs eternal in august for all nba teams (most anyway)

PFunk 09-16-2006 03:11 PM

From what it looks like I think Sene looks like a Diop which wouldn't be a bad thing. He's a defensive force. If the Sonics keep him around long enough and DON'T overpay for him, the could be a solid starter next to Wilcox for years. I'm also leaning toward Seattle keeping Johan Petro over Robert Swift. The Sonics should try Ray Allen, Sene, Petro, Wilcox, Collison, and Ridnour around, and see what they can get for Lewis along with Fortson/Wilkins/Watson... how about...

Rashard Lewis (f)
Johan Petro (c)
Luke Ridnour (g)
Nick Collison (f)
Robert Swift (c)
first round pick

to Dallas for..

Erick Dampier (c)
Josh Howard (g/f)
Ndudi Ebi (f)
Devin Harris (g)
cash considerations

Sonics would look like...

C - Eric Dampier, Saer Sene
Pf - Chris Wilcox, Danny Fortson, Ndudi Ebi
Sf - Josh Howard, Mickael Gelabale, Noel Felix
Sg - Ray Allen, Damien Wilkins
Pg - Devin Harris, Earl Watson

Dallas would have...

C - DeSagana Diop, Johan Petro, Robert Swift, (DJ Mbenga)
Pf - Dirk Nowitzki, Nick Collison, Austin Croshere
Sf - Rashard Lewis, Devean George, Maruice Ager
Sg - Greg Buckner, Jerry Stackhouse
Pg - Jason Terry, Anthony Johnson

wally_world 09-16-2006 10:09 PM

not mentioned... but i'll say Jerome James is the best in recent years... Danny Fortson deserves some credit as well... great Center for someone his size...

RainierBeachPoet 09-17-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wally_world
not mentioned... but i'll say Jerome James is the best in recent years... Danny Fortson deserves some credit as well... great Center for someone his size...


jerome james had a great playoff series against sacramento two years ago which got isaiah's attention and a big contract. he did play decently that year during the regular season

that being said, he probably was the best we had since ervin johhnson

i am hoping that sene will be a solid pick for us and that among petro, sift and sene we will have a good presence in the middle--- it is our achilles heel right now

DallasMavs31 09-18-2006 11:20 PM

I am not a fan of the Sonics, but I would like to chimein on this. I had the Sonics taking Sene in my mock draft, and I think he will be the best. he has a big wingspan, will block anything, really needs to work on his O game, but he will be the best, will turn out to be a top tier Defender in the league.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy