Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Loren Woods to sign with the Kings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8264)

GoRapz 08-13-2006 12:56 PM

Loren Woods to sign with the Kings

Quote:

Sacramento Bee - Loren Woods will soon be a member of the Kings, according to his agent.

Jason Levien, who represents the 7-foot-2 free-agent center, said his client and the Kings agreed to contract terms Saturday. Woods, a five-year veteran who has played sparingly throughout his career, is expected to fly to Sacramento on Monday. The deal is expected to be finalized Tuesday.

"Loren is bouncing off the walls, he's so excited," Levien said. "He really feels like this could be a good place for him."

A league source said the deal is for one year, paying Woods between $950,000 and $1 million, while keeping the Kings' payroll below the luxury tax threshold of $65.42 million.

good signing for you guys, I think he can backup Brad Miller very well.

Perezident 08-13-2006 01:24 PM

i think so to but i would much rather micheal olawakandi or melvin ely but i understand y the maloofs did that cheap skates.... they got the best thing in the price range...... kings still look soft to me we must pull off a trade a serious trade we need some depth n the front court court potapenko ain goin to cut it but were makin some moves c for effort

Kiss Murder 08-13-2006 03:28 PM

Clay and pigment footsteps....only we can breathe...

This was a good signing. It's nice to have atleast another 7-footer on the team besides Brad. Hopefully we can get Chris Wilcox in a sign-and-trade deal...maybe a 3-team trade....

kman 08-13-2006 07:26 PM

Loren Woods sucks. He won't be much better than Potapenko. Terrible signing. Olowakandi would've been better. Wish we got Chris Wilcox.

IL Mago 08-13-2006 09:36 PM

trust me, as a raptor fan, Loren woods is as useless as they come. He was our 15th man and we won 27 games. YIKES!!!

BradMiller52 08-14-2006 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perezident
i think so to but i would much rather micheal olawakandi or melvin ely but i understand y the maloofs did that cheap skates.... they got the best thing in the price range...... kings still look soft to me we must pull off a trade a serious trade we need some depth n the front court court potapenko ain goin to cut it but were makin some moves c for effort

The money we signed him to was all we had left of the 5 million dollar MLE. It's not that the Maloofs chose that, it's all the league allows teams over the salary cap to have. Yeah we need another trade IMO.

04mzwach 08-14-2006 01:17 AM

loren woods, dont even use him

Kiss Murder 08-14-2006 01:54 AM

How long must we hold our hands...?

Loren Woods is a big man. The Sacramento Kings have no Big men.

We'll take anything at this point.

DaveM123 08-14-2006 04:43 PM

Be prepared for Woods to play solid in the first 5 games then disappear all together! He does this every year! It's just so sad to see a 7 ft guy with his potential play soooo soft and uninterested. Even when Mitchell tried to light a fire under him, it had the opposite effect.

bigboi_baller 08-14-2006 05:33 PM

well i bet it was hard to be motivated on a toronto team that lost every night

Kiss Murder 08-14-2006 05:57 PM

When I came here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveM123
Be prepared for Woods to play solid in the first 5 games then disappear all together! He does this every year! It's just so sad to see a 7 ft guy with his potential play soooo soft and uninterested. Even when Mitchell tried to light a fire under him, it had the opposite effect.

Maybe because Mitchell is a bad coach...and Toronto utterly sucked last year.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-14-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss Murder

oooooooo!!!!

DaveM123 08-15-2006 11:44 AM

My point exactly! If he can't even make his way off the end of the bench on on one of the worst teams last year than what makes you think he will do anything with your team. But whatever, you guys will find out first hand. The guy is like an old dresser at a garage sale with no handles.

bigboi_baller 08-15-2006 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveM123
My point exactly! If he can't even make his way off the end of the bench on on one of the worst teams last year than what makes you think he will do anything with your team. But whatever, you guys will find out first hand. The guy is like an old dresser at a garage sale with no handles.

The kings have no choice, they must play him. They have a weak frontline and a lot of the choices the raptors made before drafting Villanueva were Isiah-Thomas inspired type of moves. Like trading for 'Zo, without even asking if he wanted to come and then getting the cold shoulder. lol.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 08-15-2006 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss Murder

he was a horrible coach