Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   nba 2k8 problems (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83038)

msgstarbury3 04-06-2008 05:08 AM

nba 2k8 problems

Does anyone notice that they step into almost every shot and could make the difference between attempting a 3 or a 2? Also how about if you inbound the ball its impossible to get it even half way down the court without it being throw out of bounds? Posting with an elite player isnt any easier then a backup, 2k7 had amazing post moves with shaq on the cover now with a guard on the cover it seems they threw all the post moves out of the window you never see and tip dunks or a player will shoot the ball from the waist and get blocked. I played 2k7 to compare the games and i have to say 2k8 is an improvement but alot of holes still....am i nitpicking or has anyone seen the same?????

Nets fan 93 04-06-2008 08:47 AM

Re: nba 2k8 problems

yeah I noticed it too. one time I took a 3 for the tie with Granger and what happens oh yeah he steps over the stupid line after the game i changed his jumper to basic

bdreason 04-08-2008 04:17 AM

You have to anticipate the stepping motion. If you're on a break or coming off a screen you should set up your shot a couple feet from the line.

The best way to hit 3's is to work the ball inside - out. Hit a player with a pass when his feet are already planted. There is a stat in the game called "shooting-on-the-dribble" that can cause even great 3-point shooters to miss a lot when moving before the shot.

The postgame seems fine to me. My strategy is to usually work the post early with my star PF (currently Gasol). Then when the CPU starts to double I kick it out off the double and start raining 3's.

They don't allow you to throw the ball the full length of the court because it encourages cheesy play. There are some issues with the game, don't get me wrong. However, 2k8 is currently the best simulation Basketball game ever made, and I think 2k9 will be even better.

WhiteMosɘs 04-08-2008 07:03 PM

Yeah the full-court pass problem is very annoying. It's not realistic at all.:banghead:

J_Rock3ts 04-08-2008 09:48 PM

The worst thing is the defender standing right in front of your face when you're trying to inbound the ball. To the point where he's out of bounds in front of you, and every attempt to pass'll just hit him and go back out of bounds. Sometimes you have to try 6-7 times just to inbound it.:banghead:

And I swear, there are more and more glitches that pop up now that I've never seen before. One I saw was when trying to throw the ball to a teammate upcourt, the ball just slides backwards out of his hand and flies to the backcourt and out of bounds. With no defender on him. That s*** pisses me off.

Nets fan 93 04-11-2008 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Rock3ts
The worst thing is the defender standing right in front of your face when you're trying to inbound the ball. To the point where he's out of bounds in front of you, and every attempt to pass'll just hit him and go back out of bounds. Sometimes you have to try 6-7 times just to inbound it.:banghead:

And I swear, there are more and more glitches that pop up now that I've never seen before. One I saw was when trying to throw the ball to a teammate upcourt, the ball just slides backwards out of his hand and flies to the backcourt and out of bounds. With no defender on him. That s*** pisses me off.

What pisses me off the most is when you someone gives you a clear path foul, you go to the line and shoot the free throw... you airball the shot:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: that gets me so mad try it if you actually dont believe me

Suns4Life 04-11-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
Yeah the full-court pass problem is very annoying. It's not realistic at all.:banghead:

It is realistic because you are usually inbounding with a PF or C. Perkins or Scola dont have good passer ratings so why would they be able to throw a full court outlet?

detroits finest 04-11-2008 03:45 PM

i hate how you cant make teamwork plays like if you have the ball and your in a 2 on 1 situation you have to shoot it with the guy you started with, if you pass it either gets picked or your guy misses a easy layup. Also when Yao Ming misses layup that a retard with two fingers could make and plus Yao is 2 inches from the basket.

WhiteMosɘs 04-11-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suns4Life
It is realistic because you are usually inbounding with a PF or C. Perkins or Scola dont have good passer ratings so why would they be able to throw a full court outlet?

I've had Barbosa inbound, I've had tons of decent passers inbound. Every full-court pass goes in practically the wrong direction. Anyone could make that pass, and an NBA player would be expected to get it at least near to the player who is meant to catch it.