Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New Mock Draft 2008 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83058)

BayAreaSportz 04-06-2008 02:05 PM

New Mock Draft 2008

http://members.aol.com/miltshakke/mockdraft_1.htm

The Big Three 04-06-2008 02:44 PM

Re: New Mock Draft 2008

That's a good mock, are you an analyst or something? I've always wondered if BayAreaSportz was a radio station or something.

UConnCeltics 04-06-2008 04:54 PM

Only problem I see is Charlotte not getting a playmaker. I think if MJ drafts a big that needs work, he'll need to find a new job. The only possible bigs I see him taking are Hasheem Thabeet or Michael Beasley. ( If you want to consider him a big )

The Big Three 04-06-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Only problem I see is Charlotte not getting a playmaker. I think if MJ drafts a big that needs work, he'll need to find a new job. The only possible bigs I see him taking are Hasheem Thabeet or Michael Beasley. ( If you want to consider him a big )

Thabeet would need some work too. But he would add some more size up front.

KNOW1EDGE 04-06-2008 06:46 PM

Thats actually a really nice looking mock. I like Blake Griffin, he is really under the radar but he is a top 3 pick IMO

UConnCeltics 04-06-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Big Three
Thabeet would need some work too. But he would add some more size up front.

They would probably have the best interior defense.

baseketball4life 04-06-2008 07:32 PM

nice mock, Derrick Rose seems to be a trendy pick at #1

The Big Three 04-06-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
They would probably have the best interior defense.

Bobcats management showed that they were impatient last year and traded for Jason Richardson. This puts them in a bad position this year, because all the centers in their range are mainly potential picks that won't give you much at the beginning of their careers. Thabeet would definitely help them out in terms of interior defense, though he wouldn't contribute much on the offensive end. Roy Hibbert is another NBA-ready big man, but he doesn't have the potential of a mid-late lottery pick. Thabeet might not be a bad pick in that position the more I think about it. Charlotte would have to show some patience. It will be interesting to see what they do this offseason, the players have been vocal about their dislike for Sam Vincent as a coach, and a change will likely be made.

Basically, things are looking grim for Charlotte. If they could find a top notch coach like Larry Brown, then perhaps they could be saved and turned into a contender. They certainly have the talent to do it. I think it will be hard for them to find that big man to pair with Emeka Okafor that they need. One guy I forgot to mention, Blake Griffin of Oklahoma, might be a possible suitor. I would much rather see them start a veteran like Samuel Dalembert next to Okafor than a rookie like Thabeet, but that will be hard to manage seeing as the core (Felton, Richardson, Wallace, and Okafor) all make up a large chunk of the team's salary. I don't think they'll be able to get that missing piece in the starting lineup, but Nazr Mohammad has shown he can play. Perhaps he could start initially until the young draft pick is ready.

Bottom line, Charlotte will be in a tough situation this offseason, and if they go into the draft without the thought of trading their pick, they better be patient.

djsmkb8 04-06-2008 07:46 PM

No Jerryd Bayless? He's coming out this year isn't he?

The Big Three 04-06-2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djsmkb8
No Jerryd Bayless? He's coming out this year isn't he?

At the top of the page it says (No Jerryd Bayless or Chase Budinger because they said they're staying). Well, BAS might wanna update that.

Qlippers 04-07-2008 02:20 AM

Good Mock draft, but Blake at 3. I guess it works for Memphis.

A.M.G. 04-07-2008 12:02 PM

Good stuff overall.

I don't really see the connection between Monta and Collison. Entirely different players from what I've seen. Collison is a PG, and needs to bulk up a bit to be effective at the next level. Monta is lighting it up, and is almost entirely limited to the SG.

And some of the other NBA comparisons are just totally off-base. CDR doesn't have the size or strength of Josh Childress, but he is more skilled.
Brandon Rush is absolutely nothing like Matt Barnes. I honestly don't know where you got that from.

meanmonster 04-07-2008 09:00 PM

Dont agree with that mock at all. Some of the comparisons seem to be off. I see DJ Augustin going higher, Love will be a top 7, no way he falls to 11. Hansbrough probably stays in school. Beasley is #1 no matter who picks.

ZHAKIDD532 04-15-2008 10:47 PM

I like it. I really agree with OJ Mayo to New York. I think they were just made for each other and if Mayo goes anywhere else, it'd be just odd to me.

Nicholas Batum seemed like a good fit in Portland, that pick caught my eye for one reason or another.

Beasley/Durant intrigues me very much so, especially with Jeff Green in there too. Same with Rose/Wade/Marion

jamal99 04-16-2008 07:20 AM

All good but 30th pick, Nikola Pekovic is 6'11", not 7'0... xD