Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Atlanta Hawks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Name the bright spots for the Hawks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832)

insidehoops 06-09-2006 01:53 PM

Name the bright spots for the Hawks

The Hawks do have some talent. And cap room. Name the players you like on the team and what the positive future may hold for them

BlackMoses 06-09-2006 01:56 PM

I really like Josh Smith. As he gets older his BBall IQ should increase, and his freakish talent will really start to shine. The guy can change games defensively and even showed signs of being a great passer at the end of the season last year.

traditionone 06-09-2006 02:03 PM

Smith, Childress, and Williams all have potential. Joe Johnson is very talented, but overpaid. Yeah, I know. Everybody's overpaid nowadays. I like their swingman. The problem is that there's way too many of them on the Hawks.

Orealius 06-09-2006 02:12 PM

The Hawks have some great young talent. All they need is a young PG to go along with that talent and let them grow. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams should both be getting heavy minutes next year, Joe Johnson is a stud. They need to draft Marcus Williams and let this team build some chemistry. I'm not a big fan of Josh Childress. Maybe trade him to the Blazers for Jarrett Jack?

Marcus Williams, Jarrett Jack
Joe Johnson
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Zaza Pachulia

KingShox 06-09-2006 02:16 PM

This team has talent, and can be very very good in the very near future, if the front office and ownership doesn't get brain freeze. The Hawks have many bright spots. My favorite team and my favorite player happens to be Joe Johnson.

Spike Spiegel 06-09-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orealius
The Hawks have some great young talent. All they need is a young PG to go along with that talent and let them grow. Josh Smith and Marvin Williams should both be getting heavy minutes next year, Joe Johnson is a stud. They need to draft Marcus Williams and let this team build some chemistry. I'm not a big fan of Josh Childress. Maybe trade him to the Blazers for Jarrett Jack?

Marcus Williams, Jarrett Jack
Joe Johnson
Marvin Williams
Josh Smith
Zaza Pachulia

Childress is worth more than Jack. I'd take him on the Bucks for Mo Williams straight up.

adamcz 06-09-2006 02:26 PM

The Hawks are only 1 GM firing away from being a real NBA basketball team. Not taking Paul was obviously stupid at the time, and everybody around the league said so back then. It's like they are intentionally losing so that they can keep aquiring lottery picks.

There aren't any point guards in this draft that can lead them to respectability, so they are still at least a year away from decency.

One of my favorite teams to poke fun of. Please let them draft a SF so we can step it up a notch.

Stealth718 06-09-2006 02:28 PM

CP3 on the Hawks would've made perfect sense. He's a Southern boy anyway and they needed a new PG anway. Maybe they'll play in the Brevin Knight sweepstakes though. He wasn't that bad in Charlotte.

dak121 06-09-2006 02:41 PM

Quote:

Name the bright spots for the Hawks

1. Location
2. Nightlife
3. Strip Clubs

Unregistered 06-09-2006 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak121
1. Location
2. Nightlife
3. Strip Clubs

that's what i was thinking.

bonez26 06-09-2006 03:59 PM

Bright spots:

Zaza - lead the NBA inOPG most of the season.
Marvin Williams is finally starting to develop
JSmooth is a good player
JJ had career year

Bad spots:

too many SF's
No PG
No Real C

hawkfan 06-09-2006 04:12 PM

The roster has talent:

Johnson
Smith
Childress
Williams
Pachulia
Stoudamire
Harrington

The Hawks need to add a real point guard, a shooter off the bench, a reserve defensive swing, and a center.

If the Hawks get Brandon Roy, and sign a big like Kelvin Cato who can backup Pachulia, and get a point guard from somewhere, the team is headed in the right direction.

Hopefully the young trio of Smith, Childress and Williams will improve a lot this year.

SecondFiddle 07-07-2006 08:49 PM

Knight is about to be fired